1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

HB 50w by Hcigar(SX-300) Sold out

Discussion in 'Big By-Pass's PVs, Mods, Devices and Kits' started by Big by-pass, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Big by-pass Thread Starter Well-Known Member

The HCigar HB-50 Box Mod is a regulated variable wattage box mod device.

Has a Yihi SX300 chip configured to output 7 to 50 Watts of power, and houses a single IMR 18650 battery (Not Included).

Features:
    CNC machined aluminum.
    Variable Wattage from 7.0 watts - 50 watts in 0.1 watt increments.
    Adjust Wattage via gravity tilting.
    Spring loaded self adjusting 510 center pin.
    Can fire atomizers down to 0.2 ohms.
    Custom made YiHi SX300 50Watt chip.
    Ventilation holes at the bottom.
    Micro USB charging port.
    Important Notice:

"Mods" are by definition a modification to a design. There is a degree of risk inherent with any device that uses lithium type batteries. Some of the dangers are short-circuiting, reverse battery issues, and exceeding voltage limitations. Understanding how to handle and care for Lithium type batteries is very important and should always be practiced. Lithium type batteries are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode or flame if mishandled.

This is an advanced user device which is recommended for use by experienced vapers only. It requires you to have a strong technical knowledge of mods in order to use this device properly, and safely.

Indy Vapor Shop will not be held responsible or liable for any injury, damage, or defect, permanent or temporary that may be caused by the use of any battery. Indy Vapor Shop is not responsible for any device malfunctioning due to use by an inexperienced vaper who does not have the knowledge and understanding of how to use, and properly rebuild advanced e-cigarette devices. Please have a basic understanding of the batteries you are using and how to care for them properly.

Read the information found at:

It is important to carry batteries properly, recharge properly, and dispose properly.

Since we have no control over how a buyer uses the device; no guarantee, warranty, or return privilege will apply. The manufacturer may offer a limited warranty. Buyer shall be responsible for returning the device to the manufactuer. We regret having to strictly enforce this policy. The use of DIY liquid, improper chargers, modified atomizers, and general abuse of the product has made it necessary.

Please do not order if you do not understand and accept these terms.

Price 2500THB.(Black & sSilver)
    Ems 60THB.

hb.jpg

hb1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Looks nice. "Adjust watts by Gravity tilting", cool.

Big by-pass likes this.
  3. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Love to get one but I am hanging out for the SX Mini 60W mod. Just can't decide if I want to wait for the temp control coil or not. Hmmmmm…….

4. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I know, decisions, decisions.
    I've already sold one kidney-can't really sell the other.

debatedude and Longtail1 like this.
  5. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Only thing puts me off is the plastic over the screens 3 times the size it needs to be and HCigar like there name everywhere. I saw a review of how this is put together and look like everythings screwed down and not glued. .

6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

The chips are available 'mid March' according to Yihi. When the sx350 mini chip arrived the mod wasn't readily available for almost 2 months.

7. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Not an issue for me. I just want the right mod. If that has temp control then so be it. I wait. Leaning to the original chip though as the temp control on the YIHI is untested by vapers as yet and I don't want to buy a lemon. More research required. lol

8. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

I tried the dna 40 temp thing
    Not that special...
    Not bothered about it myself

Longtail1 likes this.
  9. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

Looking for a replacement for my DNA30 that starts to feel the age. Is it possible to turn of the gravity thing ? Okay maybe not, I only see a firing button.

10. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Hate the regulatory info printing, dislike the oversize plastic screen piece, disappointed with screws for back plate. Hard to have it all and do like the innards which is very well done. Must also add I like the button and the overall form factor too. Does look a solid device for anyone who does not care much about some of the other points, which I wouldn't doubt are quite a lot of people.

I really like the temp control and if everything else were the same I'd pay a bit of a premium to have it. Works really well with both RTAs and RDAs. However, I wouldn't let the lack of it stop me from getting something I like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  11. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I knbow what I want. lol Just deciding about the temp control as there is a model coming out with a temp control chip. But I get what I want from my vape without it so I doubt I would miss not having it, especially as I haven't even tried a vape with it yet. lol

12. Scratchy
    Lurking

The real nice thing about temp control is the utter absence of burnt hits (if set below the burn-point of your wicking material) and also dialing in the temp not to exceed in case of concerns about scorching juice and possible carcinogens resulting. It's possible that if temp control becomes more mainstream, ejuice manufacturers may in the future provide recommended temps for their juices. One thing about that is that unless your device (coil, airflow, juice flow, wicking etc.) is setup to allow reaching the recommended temp, you might not be able to enjoy that. For example, I can set my temp to say 470 F in one atty but the way it wicks and the airflow never sees it go up to even 450 F. I'd have to rebuild the coil or something to get it to do that.

13. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I don't get it, the mod isn't suppose to cut at 470F ? What is happening at 450F that makes you feel something is wrong ?

14. Scratchy
    Lurking

There's nothing at all wrong with my DNA 40 devices and the way they work. I used those numbers as an example. If a juice manufacturer says their juice is best at 470F but my build doesn't allow that level of temp to be reached, then I have to rebuild or otherwise change setup to get a higher temp producing coil. The temp control acts as a limiter, it doesn't actually put your coil to your set temp unless your build allows the set temp to be reached or exceeded. I have had a couple builds that would not even reach 450F because of very good wicking and lots of airflow.

Hope that makes it clearer, Tibo :)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

You know I'll have a thousands question about that temp control for ya, my friend, at the Meet ^^

Thanks for the explanation, much clearer indeed ! Very interesting stuff too

Rick O-Shea likes this.