1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Hana Mod (DNA 30) clone 1:1 sold out

Discussion in 'Big By-Pass's PVs, Mods, Devices and Kits' started by Big by-pass, May 16, 2014.

1. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Big by-pass Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Spec. DNA 30 clone
    -Body Aluminium 6061 Anodized
    -Output Power 7-30Watt
    -Atomizer resistance Minimum 0.3ohm. Max 3.3ohm.
    -Auto power down
    -Support battery size 18650 x 1pcs.
    -Charger which is Micro USB
    -Dimension
    Length : 1.94"
    Width : 1"
    Height : 3.43"
    Color Black/Silver/Blue
    Price 2600THB.
    EMS shipping in Thailand 60THB.

Screen Shot 2557-10-16 at 11.20.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2557-10-16 at 11.20.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2557-10-16 at 11.20.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2557-10-16 at 11.20.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2557-10-16 at 11.21.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2557-10-16 at 11.21.14 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Re: Pre-orders Hana Mod (DNA 30) clone 1:1

So tell us about them...
    How do they vape?

3. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

I went into the shop today, tried one out, vapes exactly the same as my authentic DNA-30. Very nice for the price. It even fired my .28 ohm Magma, believe it or not. Very surprised at that.

4. smithereens

smithereens Member

Haven't had much time with it yet as I was out all day. Back home now and re-built my trident to give it a quick test. So far it's awesome.

I did a 0.8 dual coil with 28 AWG kanthal and with that build it doesn't seem to like anything below about 17-18 watts. (The ohms readout flashes). So I put it up to 20 - 25 and the vape is just heavenly. I was wary of burnt hits because I'm coming off a vision spinner and high voltage on that would often give a burnt hit if I wasn't careful. But no burnt hits at all even when I've vaped the cotton a little bit dryer than I would've done with the spinner.

My absolute fav thing so far is that I can get a giant hit with a 1-2 second inhale. The spinner would need 7 seconds for this and the difference is so nice. The second thing I notice is that the high wattage (highest I've done so far is 25) gives better flavour than anything I've had off the spinner. So that's also full on awesomeballls.

It feels great in the hand. Fits very nice. But it's heavy. That's the first thing I noticed, and a friend who looked at it she said the same thing right away.

If you've been following any of the other forums where this device is being discussed you've probably read (rip trippers also mentioned it in his review) that some of these devices need one click to start and then the next click actually fires the device. Apparently some of these devices fire right away. Not mine. If I let the screen go blank which it does after 2 mins of inactivity, then I need to click once to start it up, wait for the Hana Modz to be displayed on the screen for a sec, then I can fire it. That's a bit annoying but I'll take it. I still love this hana clone so far.

Anyway, it's on the charger now. Since I've been home I've been charging then vaping for a 20 minutes, then charging and again and so on. The battery is a brand new vtc4 and it came with a liiiittle bit of charge on it.

Anyone getting these from Big can get 1 (not more) VTC4 for 200 baht. It's a promo he's doing for the hana clone buyers. Of course, don't quote me on that - it's entirely up to him about this.

Also, he seemed to have extra in stock. I can't say I'm certain about it, but he did have a large box of these clones so if you didn't pre-order but want one now you can probably get your hands on one if you quick about it.

Edit:

Just a few other things about it for those interested. The build of this clone seems really good. It's seriously solid and well made. The buttons seem great. Nice and clicky and just right. I went with black (after comparing silver and black in the shop for at least 20 minutes) and the finish is nice. On other forums people are reporting a subpar finish and that it has an orange peel effect. Mine does not have any of the orange peel effect whatsoever. Just looking at closely again now and the finish is damn near perfect. Inside, where the wires and chip are, there seems to be an excessive amount of glue. I never plan to dig around in there anyway, and as long as it doesn't cause overheating I'm fine with it. Vaping away at 22w currently and so far so good.

5. desmondsg

desmondsg New Member

Just ordered this from Big. Resisting myself to buy new batteries because i have 6 x AW IMR 1600mah 18650 batteries.

6. smithereens

smithereens Member

If you plan to swap batteries often, be careful about the screws that hold the backplate. I read many people report that they strip really easily. Mine seem fine, but I've been gentle with them. Big mentioned he'll have VTC5s in stock soon. I believe they're 2600mah as opposed to the 2100mah of the VTC4s. I think I got those numbers right, but again don't quote me on it - I could be wrong.

7. desmondsg

desmondsg New Member

Nah, I plan to put the batts in, vape the hell out of it and upgrade them when the time comes. You are right on the numbers, cheers.

8. smithereens

smithereens Member

Well, enjoy it when you get it, man. I'm loving it so far and it's been a long time coming. I think I put my name into the pre-order about 2 months ago! Crazy-long wait. Over now though :)

9. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

tempted.........:hot:

if i find myself in that area, there is a good chance i am walking home with one...

- - - Updated - - -

one serious concern I do have with this being a clone. if it is recommended to charge via usb port,

how good is the built in charger? it seems most of the problems with vaporizers have been with batteries being incorrectly charged.

maybe a stupid question, is there a volt meter built in (i assume so since its DNA 30). also, does it show volt sag?

10. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

Gentlemen one question. How do you get to know that the mod is charging and when it's fully charged? I can't figure that out. Thanks in advance......

11. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

How about the battery icon on the screen? Does what do anything when charging?
    Be good to know this info...

12. Saturday

Saturday New Member

It's somewhat unusable, but there actually is a red/green LED indicator at the USB plug. If you get the angle right and shade it a bit you'll see it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a DNA. All it does is - hopefully - gradually fill up until the indicator shows full.

- - - Updated - - -

Built in charger is 500mAh, only.

It's a DNA. It shows battery level, resistance, selected watts, and calculated/applied voltage.

13. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

Yay I found it, a miniscule tiny tiny dot of red light after i switched off all the office lights and it became pitch dark Thank you.

14. nickycakes

nickycakes Active Member

No, it doesn't have any indication that it's charging, but the battery indicator goes up slowly over time.

15. smithereens

smithereens Member

Re how well/safely it charges, time will tell, I guess. I did let it charge overnight last night and was fine. Never got warm. The unit stayed cool to the touch. I actually checked it a few times.

There's no proper volt meter built in. It'll show how many volts it's firing with. But that gets regulated depending on your selected wattage and coil resistance. Far as I know, there's no way to check what volts the battery would put out unregulated.

16. OnkelMicha

OnkelMicha New Member

OK Picked mine up and I'm happy as a camper :)

One thing I seem to have misplaced the information/user manual. Anyone who bought this know how to switch the display from right to left mode and the other way around?