1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Grant's Vanilla Custard - Mini Review

Discussion in 'E-Liquid Reviews' started by Darth Vaper, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Thread Starter Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

After chugging on this stuff for a few days, going to say, "yes". It is worth 20GBP for 50ml. There is an enormous factor of expectation that can and will influence one's perception of things. Especially subjective things like taste, flavor and preference.

Kind of like how when Star Wars episode 1 first premiered. People were so anticipating the roof of the theater to be torn open and Jesus Christ himself to appear and herald the dawning of the rapture that anything short of that experience would equate to the movie being a complete failure.

Silly people, so blind to their own preconceptions, could not see it was a complete failure for a whole different set of reasons!

So putting all this aside, the juice on its own - objectively - is quite good. Just not "eternal soul completion" good.

Answered vicariously above.

Konvict, judas, Siam Diesel and 2 others like this.
  2. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Can you confirm your setup, did you follow there advice, Silica Wick atomiser at around 1.8ohms resistance? Im still hoping the next sale will happen before the end of the month so I can get hold of a few bottlers.

3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I didn't follow their advice, I assumed it has been on the site for several years, it seemed far too specific.

That being said the flavour does deteriorate at high power for me. I had the max VG which is 80% I think and too smooth for my tastes.

4. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

They do mention not to subohm, so there recommendations have been updated. It would be nice to know a temp limit for this too as it sounds like its susceptible to heat breakdown.

5. Rick O-Shea

Must have been updated recently then. It certainly does better at lower power though.

6. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Funny....I just made mention of this yesterday in a PM to another member. I don't like this juice near as much at the temps I am normally run for my others juices.

7. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Ill be interested to see if any of the known contented have temp issues too. I've got stocks of everything I know goes into it waiting in the UK. It only took Capela 9 months to get my wholesale account running and that after I've stopped selling. lol.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Scratchy
    Lurking

I am going to swap out wicking in the dripper i had been running it in because I am picking up a noticeable alcohol-like flavor that makes it a pretty crappy vape.

So far I continue to like Goose Juice a fair amount more than Grants

Siam Diesel and The Rev like this.
  9. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

If you decide it's not for you Scratchy, set it aside and I'll pay you for the balance of the bottle. It may be a fine vape in a Kayfun and I still have yet to try Grants.

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  10. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I think Grant's is a delicious vape but only early morning or after dinner, somehow I don't get the flavor on some parts of the day...

It also gets a very dark color very fast in a tank...so I think as soon as you get it try to empty the bottle as fast as possible!
    That's what I am doing!

Siam Diesel, judas and The Rev like this.
  11. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Thread Starter Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Read the suggestion to vape low temp and that is all that was tried. No silica wick or anything just made sure to coil it north of 1 ohm.

Siam Diesel, The Rev and Mack like this.
  12. Scratchy
    Lurking

I like it quite a bit just not as much as goose juice. Hard to get good quality custards. I just won't run it higher temps. Also notice it goes darker in color rather quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rev likes this.
  13. Scratchy
    Lurking

Rev. Maybe I can slip you some next time we meet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel and The Rev like this.
  14. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

I'll make sure to go through my sacred stash and bring something good in trade. You've been far too generous.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. Rick O-Shea

Wish I lived near Scratchy sometimes...

pierdon and judas like this.