1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Got questions about my new subox nano

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by Sonny, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Don't think so...but the Subtank Mini does. There may be a third party RBA section available for the Nano.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  2. Sonny

Sonny Thread Starter Member

it comes with subtank nano and an extra glass for the tank in case you break it i guess and that's it. no RBA
    **Updated**
    is that true? just 3-4 days? how come? will i keep buying new coils every 4 days unless i start learning n doing rba/rda thing (i dont even know the difference).

its a subtank nano so occ coil yes.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  3. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

I found the OCC coils very good in terms of flavour but for me they did not last long. After a few days it simply didn't have much flavour anymore. What could have contributed to my own experience is that I changed settings a lot when I was trying my new tank.

The wire still seemed good visually, but I found there is very little cotton inside. You could learn how to rebuild the coil head. When the thing is down you could try to rewick it with the Watsons cotton, cheap in Thailand from what I read. No harm to try.
    **Updated**
    Subtank Mini V2 by Kanger

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  4. Sonny

Sonny Thread Starter Member

that's the horizontally positioned coil one tho. Mines are vertical OCCs. Or you are indirectly saying I can rebuild a vertical OCC into a horizontal OCC?

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  5. peter-k
    Fine

Sorry if I confused you. If your coils have the two side holes you can rebuild them horizontal.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  6. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

I didn't realise just assumed same inventory as the mini kit ... Don't kanger sell official RBA separately ?

I'm now only using RBA, the pre-made coils I don't need ... Will probably buy a few as "spare" in case I'm travelling and don't want to fiddle with it, etc ... If we find kanger sell RBAs separately, might just buy a handful of those and have them precoiled and wicked ready for travelling ...

Haven't tried rebuilding the premade coils as @peter-k suggested ... I've seen videos for people doing this kind of thing, so I do concur that I can most likely be done ... RBA section if available would be easier though! ... Not sure the length of time pre-made coils are supposed to last, will depend on how much you're vaping, what liquid you're using and the coil itself ... One manufacturer I was reading say their coils last 10-20 days, might have been kanger ... Another friend told me a week ...

Anyway, OP might not want to get into rebuilding coils, many Vapers are happy with the pre-mades, and don't mind paying to replace ... VOCC I think prolly better than standard OCC coils, but haven't compared both so couldn't say for 100%

So, if separate RBA not available, and OP still wants a larger tank, then a subtank mini purchase would include RBA (personally I just bought 2x subox mini kit, as I thought it was good value to buy the whole thing, for spares and backups). Or an RDA if they wanted to go that way. Or just buy replacement coils. Or rebuild standard kanger coils.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Nope...probably has something to do with the smaller diameter of the tank...would make coiling much more difficult (but I'm only guessing on this last part). ;)

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  8. Scuba Vaper

Whoops, may bad then, I assumed subtank nano and subtank mini used the same coils, but now remember premade coils are square and smallish, and RBA is circular and larger ... The RBA from mini then may well be too large to fit ID of Pyrex on nano ! ... So may be stuck with pre-mades or DIY rebuild on nano tank, or a third party product ...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. peter-k
    Fine

Looking at the Mini RBA I can not imagine it would fit into the Nano.

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  10. Scuba Vaper

Hence then it's non inclusion in the kit, all makes sense now !

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. peter-k
    Fine

I'd say buy a 22 mm tank that is easy to build and is happy to operate with low wattage. It can be the Subtank Mini, or someything else. This will also solve your capacity problem. Looks scheisse on the Nano, sure. Sooner or later you may buy a mod that conforms to the de-facto 22 mm standard anyway. The Nano can still be usefull when out and about.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  12. Scuba Vaper

Seconded :) provided economy and rebuildable is what's required, if not then just buy pre-made coils ... Somone told me these can also be "cleaned" to extend their life, but I don't know the best method ...

13. peter-k
    Fine

Washing them in some vodka. I did that in the beginning but I think it's easier just to re-wick a coil (if that coil allows access to the cotton).

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  14. Scuba Vaper

Makes sense, also heard of boiling them or ultrasonic cleaners, have zero personal experience to draw on though ... Speculation can lead to err, as I proved already on this thread ...

Recoiling the pre-mades looked fiddly, but if no other choice must be doable which you've done ... So looks like I had a real soft landing with subox mini kit !

Up to OP which way to go, and a decision they'll make themselves, hopefully we've expanded the choices a little here ...