1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Google Chrome Notifications

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Site Feedback and Help' started by -V-, May 20, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

I just installed this extension on my Google Chrome browser, works really good
    Only for Google Chrome browsers though

If you use Google Chrome and you visit any XenForo powered forums, this extension enabled you to receive notifications without being on that forum.

The extension checks the sites you go to, to see if XenForo is powering it. If it is, it checks to see if you're logged in. Once you're logged in, it adds that site to the list of sites to check for you. It will check every 5 minutes to see if you have been logged out (session expired), received an alert, or received a message. If you have, a notification will slide into the bottom right corner of your screen.

There are some screenshots of what the notifications look like below. When you install the extension, it's going to say we need to access your data on all pages. It's not accessing your data, it's just reading the page content. There is no need for your username, password, or email.

The extension says that ads may be included. There are currently no ads set up but I can enable them later. These ads would not be intrusive. There would not be pop ups. There will not be a lot of ads. If I do decide to put ads up, it will be one ad and it'll be a small image (no audio, video, popups, etc) in the sidebar underneath all the other blocks. More information will be offered on this before including them.

Screen Shot 2558-05-20 at 11.01.39 AM.png Screen Shot 2558-05-20 at 11.34.42 AM.png

2. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Thank you -V-. I have installed it yesterday and it just works great.

3. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

Looks interesting, thanks!

4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I do have these notifications installed but I have turned it off after a short while. It just never stop. Every time I get a new message on a forum (not only TV), Facebook, Line, Email, I've got three device notifying me. A phone, a tablet and the laptop.

It became ridiculous so I decided to at least spare my laptop from this overconnectivity. But sitll, thanks for the recommendation @-V- because indeed it is working like a charm for those who may want such an option.