1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

German debate about e-cigs

Discussion in 'Youtube Vaping Videos' started by Konvict, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict Thread Starter ProVari Moderator

Sorry all, but this video is in German (I can understand about 90% what is said)

Very interesting German debate about e-cigs with a professor who knows his stuff!

In short. Why try to ban or regulate something so strickt, until it is almost not possible to get, that is much less harmfull than cigarettes?
    Don't tell later on that you didn't know about that!

Loki, Moog and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Were they successful with the campaign to get 50k signatures for the petition that they wanted to present to the German legislature?

(I know it's a bit off-topic) :p

Konvict likes this.
  3. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict Thread Starter ProVari Moderator

Yes, they were.

I actually don't know if this debate has something to do with that.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Dr. Meyer missed an important chance.

In the beginning of the video member of the parliament Mr. Tempel divides tobacco addiction from nicotine addiction. (NB: which I personally strongly agree with)
    1. His first question then refers to a statement by the German government saying it is the nicotine which causes the physical addiction. How does Dr. Meyer think about this statement?
    2. Which share does the nicotine have on the addiction?
    3. How strong is the nicotine addiction without any of the other tobacco chemicals?
    4. Which role does the psycho-social aspect play on smoking?

Dr. Meyer did not provide a single answer to any of the questions.
    The discussion continued in the same pattern. In the following he was asked more mostly scientifically biased questions, issues the members of parliament obviously wanted to know about from a scientific point of view. Unfortunatelly he did not address the questions but kept on responding in unscientific and partially emotional manner, and following his own schedule.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016