1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Gearbest bailing on Thailand?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by zougou, Aug 20, 2017.

1. zougou

zougou Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I was just perusing the Gearbest site and noticed that anything vape related is marked "cannot ship to Thailand" where they usuallly give the shipping cost. GB has been my reliable supplier since FT quit shipping here, sorry to see them go, although hopefully this is a glitch or something temporary.

Konvict, farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

If they have stopped shipping here (no surprise, really), doubt they'll restart until the laws change here...whenever that is.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Konvict, farangmick and jpr like this.
  3. zougou

I agree with you, SD. When I was composing that message, I should have put "hopefully" in quotes, or maybe just written "hopelessly".

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. jEoHKT

jEoHKT Well-Known Member

All of the smokers i know, collegues and friends, who are non-vapers, will say ignorant stuff like "that is worse than smoking because you're using chemicals" and "smoking is better it's easier and basically the same". You attempt to educate them but you know how stubborn thais can be. So basically if none will educate them, they remain ignorant (as in they are fine with smoking poisonous tobacco forever), vaping will not get the support it needs. Nothing will change here. Rip.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nowhereman likes this.
  5. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Hitting "like" hardly seems appropriate. I've got my FB style crying face emoji on right now. One of the major suppliers still ships to the Land of Sad Faces, but open forum, so no names, no pack drill.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

They did leave the Overseas vendor section here too....

SooKee likes this.
  7. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

This kind of no shipment to.... happened in Europe as well last week, with Austria. But few days later GB repealed and continues to ship to Austria... They didn't explain why. Perhaps its only temporary for Thailand as well.

8. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

I see they won't even ship batteries which have other uses than vaping :(

jpr likes this.
  9. zougou

Meanwhile, local websites, no not Facebook pages, full slick websites, offer a wide range of vaping gear--at twice the price. Possibly the same influence that lets them operate extends to the ability to pressure Chinese companies like Fasttech and Gearbest.

10. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

You can order batteries from GearBest. I haven't ordered any, but there is the option for shipping to here from a Chinese warehouse.

11. SooKee
    Lurking

Yeah I thought it was showing OK yesterday. But today I couldn't. Just tried again and can? very odd. Too late now. Ordered the HG2 from TV Shop. Not to worry.

12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Send their customer service an email via the site. I've ordered batts from GB before, too.

Konvict and SooKee like this.
  13. SooKee
    Lurking

This time tried and it worked. Funny. I had China selected before too. Ordered a set now.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

As far as vaping goes... I contacted a few reps on Skype (a matter of who answers first), and June said "because your country doesn't allow us to ship ecigs to you."

farangmick, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

Very few of those sites left operating today. I expect the few that remain are just clearing their stock. I really expect all those sites to go dark very soon. The penalties are far too severe to justify the risk.

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.