1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Gear Best

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by jonjon, Jul 29, 2016.

1. jonjon
    Asleep

jonjon Thread Starter New Member

Hello everyone, this is my own little update when it comes to buying equipment internationally. After Reading through a lot of threads, i mean a hell of a lot i got extremely paranoid that fasttech and gearbest was compromised when it comes to importing and the thai law.

Now we get to the main point; The mods got through customs!

Was shipped with courier service, Netherlands post. Took a while which i would have to admit, but it cleared customs.

Interested in any other experiences within this community in recent months when it comes to importing mods, tanks or anything vape related.

Cheers,
    jonjon

2. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

Were you charged import duty?

3. jonjon
    Asleep

No charge on import duty

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

There wouldn't be any import duty on banned items. ;)

jpr and judas like this.
  5. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Glad you got your mod. There's no question that it's illegal, but customs cannot look at every package so some will get through. By all current reports, the risk of ordering from overseas is you may loose your package. Personally, I don't like loosing money.

Why not get your next mod for free by entering the contest here:
    HeavenGifts 8th Anniversary Celebration Sales and Win Anything Contest | Thailand Vapers
    (and if customs confiscates it, your not out any money.)
    Good luck! :sunny:

6. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I can say from experience (as can many others here), just because one made it though doesn't mean another will. Be willing to lose any money you spend ordering from abroad.

Nakhonsisean likes this.
  7. jonjon
    Asleep

Been worried about that, been reading a few threads with customs confiscating packages, but hey ho, at least one made it through, always makes the day better.

8. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Just an info post, I have had a lot confiscated by customs, and this was about 18 months ago that it stopped. In 12 months I lost more than 2000 USD to them.

The point being that no matter how lucky you may be with the last few shipments one day you will most likely lose you gear. And after the recently publicized raids in Singapore, and the way they are followed here, it raises concerns for me that the same kind of raids may eventuate here.

9. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

I have ordered several small items from overseas and some arrive and some don't. I keep it to very small inexpensive items that are hard to find here. Just depends on luck of the draw as to if you will receive it.

farangmick likes this.
  10. nicotinelove

nicotinelove Active Member

Order should be a small amount.i have ordered several times from gearbest and aliexpress and everything arrived without a problem.my orders were rta s, accessories,w ires and Cotton's.even juices are ok to order.the only order was seized was from fastetech so I won't be ordering again.Mods I never ordered so I don't know about them.note:all my orders were below 30 USD.

farangmick likes this.
  11. DIY Flavorz

DIY Flavorz Active Member

Smok TFV4 inbound from Gearbest via Post NL registered. Never lost anything and mostly have ordered coil crown replacement coils from FT.