1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Funded by BAT as well.

Discussion in 'The Thailand Quit Smoking Discussion' started by Longtail1, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Thread Starter Vaping Troll

Jeep2005, etlava, peter-k and 6 others like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Nice...but some idiot will figure out a way to spin it negatively (yes, I'm feeling a tad cynical this evening). ;)

farangmick, Konvict and Longtail1 like this.
  3. Longtail1
    Amused

4. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

I hope the media report this research finding but I think generally they will ignore it because its more 'sensational' to report another exploding e-cig or some nutter saying that vaping is worse than smoking

Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  5. Longtail1
    Amused

Yeah probably right but there is more and more positive comng out of England all the Time. Bristol Council are actively going out and promoting vaping in the streets.

Siam Diesel, farangmick and Konvict like this.
  6. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Good reports to read. Some honest researchers will soon be looking elsewhere for their grant money though.

Siam Diesel, Richard and Longtail1 like this.
  7. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

For most chemicals used to compose flavours an average chemistry student can brake down the chemical formula and predict what stuff a given substance will break down to or re-act to. For natural stuff that often contain many different components that's more difficult.

Companies such as Givaudan, Firmenich, Symrise, Iff and Tagasako, to name the top 5 companies, could mostly say quite easily what it is like to vape this or that, and as well make flavours that are pretty safe.

Therefore it seems not applicable saying "we don't know the long term effects of vaping". And why these things should be harmful to human cells is beyond me anyway. We ARE actually breezing in all these things since about 1860 when Symrise made the first artifical vanilla.

8. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

It was an interesting read. FYI, British American Tobacco (BAT) bought the patent rights to the electronic cigarette from Hon Lik, then they proceeded to sue the shit out of other manufacturers of electronic cigarettes. While I think a finding of no harmful substance in vapor is good, I dunno if BAT is really a "disinterested" party either.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/schumpeter/2014/03/e-cigarette-patent-wars

Jeep2005, Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  9. Longtail1
    Amused

Didn't know that so a good point. But at least there is more positive information coming out and that was my point I guess.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

^^ It was a good read. :) And having re-read my own article that I linked, I think I made a mistake. I guess it was Imperial tobacco of Britain that bought the patent rights. I thought Imperial was a subsidiary of BAT but rereading it, I am probably wrong because BAT was mentioned in the article.

Siam Diesel and Longtail1 like this.
  11. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Good concise article, apparently pro vaping. It's last sentence should have read, "Not exactly a win for anyone involved, except the lawyers". No wonder Americans hate them so much.
    Sorry to be pedantic, but it's Imperial Tobacco, not BAT. All as bad as each other.

Siam Diesel, Submaniac and Longtail1 like this.