1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Frenchwoman deported for vaping

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Rowdy, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

No. I don't know the facilities at BK Airport, normally you pass immigration without any additional controls, I always carried my little vape gears in my pockets in case luggage would be inspected. If there isn't a bodyscan, then they don't look in your pockets. All the cases I know with reported seizures of vape stuff at airports by now, they are only prosecuted by a high fine you have to pay instantly at the airport. Its only a waste of time, but no arresting.
    All those cases where people were arrested happend when vaping in public and in addition resistiing to pay the fine right at the spot. In all other cases reported beeing cought on the street vaping nothing happened to those who respectfully payed "tea-money". So its up to you how to come up with the situation. Either I am just a lucky girl or just very careful ;) I never ever had any problems.

jpr, Rowdy and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

Sadly the tea money in this case can be 20-30k. In this case of course it didn't happen, after all one of the highly trusted senior cops said so (yeah right). BJ seems less concerned about that particular flavour of illegal though.

Wouldn't mind so much if they decided they wanted to keep it illegal. Other countries do. But legislate for it properly so everyone knows what the penalties are FFS rather than letting the BIB draw upon some tenuous legislation using the severe penalties for that legislation to up the ante and scare folks in terms of the bribes they demand to not face prosecution. It's that aspect to me that makes Thailand look stupid. Legislate for it properly one way or the other. It could be a project for BJ. Sadly though there doesn't seem to be as much of an incentive to keep the thieving paws of corrupt BIB off of folks' hard earned money as there is to deter the use of corrupt agents WRT visas.

debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Thread Starter Old broken down Vaper

Its stories like this French Lady being caught and all the B/S now going on at Immigration
    that is driving me closer to the exit gate at the airport, I am really getting fed up with all of this B/S.

Cheers
    Rowdy

jpr, SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

I just had a confusing discussion with someone from the country who emphasized that the only reason for this law against vaping in Thailand was because of abuse possibility of ingredients in the e-cig, namely drugs like Cannabis or crack or others. And the police cannot recognize what a vaper ist inhaling, so therefore they banned it completely. I never heard of that, and asked for an official source.
    My answer was somekind of a question: How can a police officer recognize what a smoker has in his self rolled cigarette? ;)

Rowdy, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

exactly, that what was written in a news paper (with one?,more than 2 year ago, maybe 3) e-cig can be used for other purpose that's why. My wife tall me the same story; TV information.
    A very very bad excuse IMO, for other purpose people don't need to playing around with the functionality of a e-cig, it's just boring.

Rowdy, Sue and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Nope, never seen this mentioned either.

I looked back but can't fiind the reason(s) they gave when e-cigs were banned in late 2014. The current 'reasons' being given are to protect the young (they smoke instead) and because e-cigs are more harmful than real cigs (we know that to be false). The (probable) real reasons are to protect the Thai Tobacco Factory (they spent THB 4 Billion on an expansion last year IIRC) and because they haven't figured out a way to tax it although the Ministry of Commerce is working on it.

Rowdy and Sue like this.
  7. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I don't remember wen: Police arrest a foreigner and his associate who were selling in the south, home made, special plant juice. media were quite discrete, information at the TV love it. Maybe the information form the people you meet come from that?

Rowdy likes this.