1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Flying into Thailand in October??

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by -V-, Jun 6, 2020.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

So looking into a possible holiday with the family to Thailand in October but with all this Covid stuff it's a little of a worry.
    At the moment it's a 14 day quarantine for international arrivals, but what do you guys think it will be like by October? Will this have gone by then and it's just the usual arrive and get on with what you want to or not?

I know it's a bit like who knows the future and if it all kicked off again with further outbreaks who knows...
    Just don't know if to book or just sack 2020 off as a bad idea and wait till next year, but as it's been nigh on 3 years since my last visit I really wanted to get back this year....

Ridwan Hartono likes this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I would wait to book until after 1 July to see what the entry requirements are then. If you buy tickets, make sure they’re refundable and changeable. I’d avoid TG given their current financial troubles.

At the moment, the only expats allowed to enter are those with work permits (Thai nationals are also allowed, of course). They have to contact the Thai Embassy wherever they are and get approval to enter (which comes from the TH Foreign Ministry IIRC), provide a fit-to-fly medical certificate and prove that they have THB 3 million in health insurance that specifically covers COVID-19. Upon arrival, they must go through a 14-day quarantine period in government-specified hotels but at their own expense.

“Richard Barrow in Thailand” on FB has the best information at the moment.

3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I was toying with the idea of returning then. **** self-isolation though. I won't go if that's the case.
    First I'll fly my daughter to the UK from Sweden (hopefully in July). If that goes OK I'll pop back for a few weeks before the end of the year.

Ridwan Hartono, -V- and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Ridwan Hartono, Rick O-Shea and -V- like this.
  5. -V-
    Cool

Thanks for that, I thought about October too as it's half term for schools over here, that's if they are even back by then, but that looks like a no go then.
    What a waste of 2020 this lot is, i was really looking forward to heading back this year too...looks like next year then.
    Guess it's just a few days away camping in the UK this year, or i might do something i've never done before and head to Spain or something for a cheap holiday by the sea if there's no restrictions there....

Ridwan Hartono likes this.
  6. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Yeah, bummer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

7. Ridwan Hartono
    Relaxed

Ridwan Hartono MTL ♥️

im planning to go to thailand also this year.. but covid really messed up everything.... hope u guys doing well and always healthy. i want to drink beer and vape together again with u guys

Siam Diesel and -V- like this.
  8. -V-
    Cool

And to you mate

It would be such a great time if all the old members who attended the vape meets years ago could sit with a cold beer a vape and a table full of juice again.....Unfortunately don't see that happening.....But at leat we have the good memories of it all.....

9. haybilly
    Paranoid

Apart from the Covid situation,I suppose the legal attitude to vaping still prevails? The enlightened approach, haha.
    Safer to smoke weed than vape ( not that I do the former anymore!)

10. -V-
    Cool

Never did make it and don't think be making it this year either,,,,
    Looking forward to 2022. :rolling laugh:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. haybilly
    Paranoid

Friend of mine just went through the Hotel Quarantine fiasco and after paying a small fortune got treated like a criminal, locked in his room, but finally, after his 2 weeks of prison got to Chiang Mai, and sent me some photos-- never seen it so empty, ever.

These are of the Tapae Gate,Loi Kroh, area, which as must of you will know if normally seething with all sort of people, but not at the moment.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    debatedude, Siam Diesel and -V- like this.
  12. -V-
    Cool

Yeah, think it's going to be a long time before Thailand gets back to what it was....even-though it wasn't as it was even before all this :rolling laugh:

debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. haybilly
    Paranoid

Water off a Ducks Back to Thailand's Rich, but the poor 95%(waiters/waitresses, shop assistants, market stall traders, and so on) really have taken a beating, as usual.

debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.