1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Flying inside Thailand with a vape

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Phil McCracken, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Phil McCracken
    Angelic

Phil McCracken Thread Starter New Member

So, I’m a new vaper. I am flying from bkk to hat Yai. I have a disposable vape pen. I don’t even know what a mod is. It’s a 5 clicks on 2 clicks changes temp and 3 clicks warms it up.

I just have the vape no oil or liquid. I just want to take it to hat Yai. Is it better to send it or can I just put it in my carry on? If I get caught what happens?

Sorry if this is a noob question. I looked and there were only 3+yr old posts about this. Thank you! Look to learn more and vape more!

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:

Haven’t flown domestically for a few years. Your vape pen can only be carried in your carry-on luggage since it contains an integral battery. In theory, it should pass through the security scan without any problems but I don’t know how things are at airports at the moment.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

3. Phil McCracken
    Angelic

Phil McCracken Thread Starter New Member

Yea I will let you know

4. Steven

Steven New Member

Hi Phil how did it go? I have a Smok Nord 2 and was wondering the same thing, will I be able to carry on flight from BKK to KKC.

5. Nabashalam
    Buzzed

Nabashalam Long in the Tooth...

I just came through BKK on April 22nd from Manila. I had me a large vape mod with tank in my cargo pants pocket with no problems! They actually let my wife and I and our 4 suitcases and 4 carry on bags through customs without even looking in a single one or asking us if we had anything to declare! We just filled out the form on the plane and that was it! It helps that I am in a wheelchair. So I would just take any vape in my carryon, they wont stop you getting on with it but I did have mine in it's original box, tank empty and separated with some juice in my pocket. On the plane I just assembles it in the lavatory and stuck it in my pocket. They don't scan you coming off or in customs or immigration. I also had a box with ziplocks of my junk drawer in my luggage and threw in a half dozen atomizers among my paperclips, rubber bands, nuts, bolts, small tools etc. I also emptied and washed out small 100ml bottle of hair conditioner and filled it it up with juice. I have to sty 10 days in a ASQ so I need my juice. All and all, no problems at BKK!
    **Updated**
    I apologize, I just realized you were flying out of BKK. Not sure what it is like coming into the airport there from the street and going through their security and the airlines security to board. That would be a different story. In the Philippines they are used to seeing vapes and it is totally legal there.

Siam Diesel likes this.