1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

First IPV4 Melt down of charging chip

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by -V-, May 16, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

However it wasn't due to it being charged
    The idiots at P4U put the charge port hole right below the 510 connection area, so this was an accident waiting to happen, and I thought this months back when I first saw the pictures of the IPV4

Screen Shot 2558-05-16 at 8.33.55 PM.png

Here's the info for the above picture:
    Cali Vapers
    Repost from @vixvapes_ecigshop
    •••••
    PLEASE REPOST!!! IPV4 PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!! * This is the first confirmed charger failure. This wasn't from charging however. The reason it failed was due to liquid dripping down from the atomizer and getting into the charger hole. So if you are an over dripper please make sure you tape up the hole. Luckily no one was harmed and the unit still works.
    Again please repost or tell people you know about this so we can bring it to Pioneer4You's attention!

I'll be taping up the hole on mine, I might even get some silicone to fill the inner part...

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

It does amaze me how much juice some people put into their dripper.
    "OMG! You could fit 2ml in those wells"

3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

I agree with that rick however P4U really should have put the charge port near the bottom or something

4. Rick O-Shea

Sure, or Removed it.

5. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I still have a few drippers in use where the well, is nearly not existing and the air intake is so deep down, that it is easy to fill so much in, that it leaks through the air holes. Beside that I had a problem with the big dripper during this hot season. It seems that the liquid get so thin, that some of it found its way to the dripper section from the tank section, without me actually activating it. So I go with -V- on this one. It's a construction error, it looks like everyone has to bring one mod after the other to the marked, and no time to make decent constructions any more. Or make some all around testing before bringing it to the marked.

Nanook likes this.
  6. Ciege666

Ciege666 New Member

It's not a perfect design, then again please point the perfect one out for me please so i can buy the last mod i will ever want or need.

Next, this is user error. The device did not fail. Saying this was a failure of the device would be like complaining that your cell phone does not work because you went swimming with it. If the user were to build a coil too low on a mech, do you blame the mech and designer / manufacturer of the mech, or the user that was not aware of the limits of the battery? Or do you blame the battery?

Once you break the threshold of pen style batteries you should become aware that you ARE at a risk if you do not pay attention to what you are doing. Batteries go bad, possibly vent. Any conductive fluid should be kept track of, yes eliquid counts as conductive especially the ones that use distilled water. Yes I know distilled water is not conductive, PERFECTLY PURE H2O is not conductive, the moment you add a single impurity, it is.

TL;DR version: Is it perfect? Nope not even close. First company to make a perfect regulated mod wins the e-cig busines. Is it the fault of the device? No. When a user screws up, its not the fault of the device. Inanimate objects cannot be faulted when handled improperly.

Scratchy likes this.
  7. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I just don't understand how folks get so much juice all over the place.

8. Rick O-Shea

A leak is possible but personally I find the vape far better with saturated wicks than a coil swimming in juice.
    If it leaks on its side there is too much IMO

9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

The user may have screwed up...but if the charging port had been placed somewhere other than directly below the 510 connector, this would not have happened. It's a poor design so P4U needs to take some responsibility for this and maybe add a few more vapors to their design team. We all know that in spite of our best efforts, juice has a nasty habit of getting in places it shouldn't. Mods need to be designed to take this out of play IMHO.

jon and Dieter. like this.
  10. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

No this is just poorly design. to place the usb charger stick next to a 510 connection, without making at least a rubber seal for the connection to prevent liquid to go into it, is just a stupidity of the modmaker. Some countrys have laws that demand all electronics that are sold to betested first, and believe me this would never get aproved.

The user has to place a tank or dripper on the 510 connection, and from time to time they do leak. After more than one year as a vaper i got a Delta tank, that where just leaking very badly at times, and i don't know what i did do wrong, as my other tanks did not do it. What I am saying is, that this can be expected and therefore it is a construction fault of the mod, they should have used their brain when designing the mod. You can't blame a user that just put a tank on the mod and it start flooding, this situation should be in the mod designers head when designing the mod. Everyone should be able to use a mod like this also newbies, without special knowledge. I am very sure that the user knows it is dangerous to swim with an Cellphone or a regulated mod, but tank flooding is something that just happen, not only by drippers but certaintly also by tanks.

No here you are right. If a user does not know how to build a coil, and invest in a mechanical mod, without the knowledge, that you supose to have before you buy these things, it is clear that you cant blame the dripper or mod company or the battery. One very important difference here. The user need a minimum of knowledge to handle a dripper and mechanical.

jon, -V-, Scratchy and 1 other person like this.