1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Fed up with SKYPE

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Rowdy, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Thread Starter Old broken down Vaper

Ever since Microsoft took over skype its been like a dogs breakfast. One year ago I could not sign into my account, finally got that fixed. Now Im having the same problem again.:not good::computer_1:

My Q is" Any members know of another VOIP that I can use from my desk top computer?

Many thanks for your help.:thank you thank you:

Cheers
    Rowdy.:vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I feel your pain, mate! We've standardized on Skype for Business at the office...I'm able to connect about 30% of the time. :(

Rowdy and Konvict like this.
  3. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Good to know I am not the only one experiencing bad connections with Skype.... I thought it might be do to being a private user and don't pay for an upgrade but knowing now even in business use Skype is troublesome makes me feel better :) Only alternative i can think of right now perhaps is Hangouts with Gmail if this is actually still running?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Rowdy, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Line, WeChat, and QQ all have video and regular call capabilities from a mobile phone. FB Chat can be used for video calls from a computer.

I've never had a problem with skype for phone calls, even in China. Video calls, however, truly suck

Rowdy, Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  5. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Great! :chinrub:

I just signed up for a Skype account on Monday because a lot of people are asking me for my Skype address. I didn't even try it yet and after reading this I will probably never will.

I will keep using Facetime and Line.

Rowdy, Siam Diesel and debatedude like this.
  6. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I'll reiterate, for just phone calls (Skype to landline) I've never had an issue no matter where I am in the world. IMO, Skype got one thing right. But the video option sucks, it's a battery hog, and uses a tremedous amount of resources. Guess ya gotta take the good with the bad

Rowdy, Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  7. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I don't use it very often. Last month I needed to and couldn't send messages from via desktop, but could on Android.
    PoS

Rowdy and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

I use Mitel 5330E, its plug and play. Granted, my office has it set up to sinc with our servers back in the US. But basically it runs through the internet and is clear as a bell.

upload_2018-2-27_9-47-35.jpeg

When i got here this year i was hooking it up and it feel to the floor :not good:. Went to several "IT Malls" here and nobody had anything like it so needed to pay for shipping and phone to here. Long story short, you would need to order one from over seas. They have a headset as well that has great distance. I would highly recommend the phone itself but not sure how to get service. Like i said above, I simply plug it into our modum here and it sinc with the server back home.

Konvict, Rowdy and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Rowdy
    Devilish

When I try to log into my skype A/C with email addy I have had for 18 years, this is what I get.

"This does not look like a work or school email you cant sign in here with a personal A/C.
    Use your work or school A/C instead"
    What kind of B/S is this? This is the same email that skype contact me on XXXXXX@ yahoo.com

I am trying to put funds into my skype A/C.... They must have a pack of morons running the show.

Any members offer help on this please.

Cheers
    Rowdy.

yourauntbob and Konvict like this.
  10. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

I hate Microsoft as well. To steal a line from Ace Ventura, Bill Gates should die of gonorrhea and burn in hell.

They have flagged the account in their system as a business account and therefore want you to put a business email in. Its a real pain in the arse. I have had similar issues with Microsoft. They are afraid someone might get around paying for business use by using a personal account and their algorithms are aggressive to say the least.

Rowdy, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. Rowdy
    Devilish

I got that mess sorted out using their chat . I have had this skype A/C for over 10 years
    but only had problems since Microsoft took it over.
    I have a new nick name for Microsoft..."Penis Fingers" Everything they touch they stuff up.
    Thanks for you help members.

Cheers
    Rowdy:thank you::here's your beer:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

There are so many to choose from nowadays, Skype is still a decent option in my opinion but Messenger from Facebook works good enough and you don't need a Facebook account to use it. Viber, WeChat, Whatsapp are also decent options.

debatedude and jpr like this.