1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Favorite coils?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Longtail1, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Thread Starter Vaping Troll

After nearly 2 1/2 years vaping, 2 years of that building my own coils on drippers and now rta's, I have tried most types of coil to get the best vape.

After all the time effort and experimentation, I always seem to go back to the same build I first used near the beginning.

26g dual 8 wraps @.4 ohms. This, on a regulated mod, gives me the best combination of vapor, flavour, juice consumption and heat adjustment without changing the build.

Don't know why exactly but it suits my preferences perfectly because of the adaptability.

Scuba Vaper and etlava like this.
  2. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

0.6 - 1 ohms 28 ga in SS316L or Ti with TC.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  3. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Think that's the one you showed me in your aromamizer, yet to try it, so thanks for sharing ... Although can't be certain, as you were doing a TC experiment ...

So far I'm liking verticals in RDAs, claptons 26/32 work nice more than 4 or 5 wraps is probably a waste, and the stainless steel ones in my stock crown cartridges nice vape. Twisted triple 28g kanthal vapes quite nice too.

Obviously haven't clocked up 30 months vaping like you, but I'm a quick study. My first build was kanger RBA 28g 5 wrap, don't think I'll be continuously revisiting that one though. So looks like you struck gold early on in your vaping "career".

4. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Thread Starter Vaping Troll

Well I'm ripping the Claptons out of my atties today. I love them but the juice consumption is just too high. Been comparing for a few days now to the 26g build mentioned above and although wattage is higher I go through 20ml/day on a clapton dual compared to 5 ml/day on a 26g dual with a similar vape time and puff count. Not worth the extra expense to me to continue on the claptons.

Scuba Vaper, colind88 and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

+1. That is same build I use for regulated mods. For mech mods, I use dual 24g 6 wrap @ 0.28 ohms and for a series mech I do either a 24g 14 wrap 3.5mm id @ 0.75 ohms or a 26g 12 wrap 3.5mm id @ 0.9 ohms.

Scuba Vaper and Longtail1 like this.