1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Exceeded Volt threshold?

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by etlava, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I actually had no idea of this. But thedn I don't use TC now as I don't like Ti OR Ni200 as they need changing so often and the wire is relatively hard to get. I am getting a TC mod that will handle Stainless Steel and have been trying to find it in Thailand with no luck as yet. (what a surprise. LOL)

Personally I'm getting a 200W TC mod as I will be able to minimise ramp up time with the settings. Then the mod will lower the power to the wattage required for that temp and coil. Also for the battery life of all those lovely mAh's at 40W.:grin:

etlava, Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Presumably, the proof is in the vaping, if it works, is affordable and compact, and safe, then alls well :) ... And yes, makes sense lower rate of pulsing would be more noticeable to human ear and eyes, than higher rate, which eventually becomes undetectable without oscilloscope. I'm sure you know this, but PWM is common in electronics, and works well in many applications, for instance fans and motors.
    **Updated**
    I'll see how I get on with my subox mini kit, for now quitting smoking is the priority for me.
    **Updated**
    I'll have to google it, not on my radar as yet :)

etlava and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

4. Scuba Vaper

@Siam Diesel - grassy arse :) ... I'm way behind you guys, may catch up at some point, hopefully !

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. etlava
    Psychedelic

etlava Thread Starter Well-Known Member

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for the time and effort spent in responding to my worries. To those as well who tried to reply but someone beat you to it. Now I feel much safer, educated and much more to learn.
    :thank you thank you:

I'm using Nitecore D4, bought from aliexpress (21st Dec 2015). Good service, fast delivery, customer service answered all queries. Parcel arrived, tested all 4 slots, all 4 slots worked brilliantly. Then I decided to validate the security code from nitecore official website. kaboom... the validation code is already registered on 24-01-2015. Google further on how to pick a counterfeit Nitecore charger, long story short again..found out my charger fits all the counterfeit requirements. Confronted the vendor, at first she denied. Threaten to escalate the issue if she doesn't give a full refund. She finally agreed.

3 ways to identify your Nitecore is Authentic or Counterfeit:
    1) After you submit your Validation code, if you see this:
    "This code has been used for the first-time validation at day-month-year (the date should be the same date as you submit your validation code). If it was not operated by you, please contact the seller immediately as well as the quality of the charger. Thank you" --- You have been screwed

2) Look at the packaging/box, bottom left of the box has a misspelled word "Worldwidc", Authentic product should spell "worldwide".

3) Battery positive pole contact points or railings in the slots of the charger. a legitimate genuine Nitecore charger does not attract magnet, while counterfeit charger does the opposite.

Could you please PM me your source? I'm looking for a Xtar VC2 Plus Master.

Cheers mate, good read. PWM is something I will keep on studying. But the part, don't give a 16 years old a Cadillac and Bar-B-Q over a bag of charcoal or dumpster bin. Gave me something to think about in buying my next MOD.

Sweet, but I don't think I will go there yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong, In order to achieve this result, it all boils down to the technology of the chip?

Cheers people
    Good Health and a Prosperous 2016
    :cheers2:

Neilly and Rick O-Shea like this.
  6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Your D4 is fine, spend the money on something else :D

Nevermind, didn't read your thread properly. I'll check mine.

Could only do check #3 as the box got slung 16 months ago, but it passed.

etlava likes this.
  7. Scuba Vaper

Thanks for feedback on aliespress, I had thought about ordering some electronics from there, will use caution ... Fasttech usually makes a point of saying whether something is "Authentic", if not then I assume not. Yet to order from fasttech, but will sooner of later.

My D4 works fine, I bought from Amazon in UK, from actual Amazon if that makes sense, and nothing makes me think it's not authentic.

In fact just scratched off the number and put in nitecore site, says it's legit.

I ordered and paid for, and am tracking EMS with thailandpost on same XTAR charger as you. Guy was helpful on email - sunflashlight.blogspot.com ... Did bank tfr from my kbank. Expecting to arrive sat or mon. @Siam Diesel has used before which is where I got website from.

You're welcome obviously, and happy NY 2016 too :)
    **Updated**
    PS sunflashlight seem to be a legit distributor of XTAR, so should be the real deal, hopefully :) obviously do your own due diligence.

etlava likes this.
  8. Scuba Vaper

Update - my XTAR arrived today, looks legit, I've yet to do the scratch and sniff ... If you don't hear back from, assume they supplied authentic one :)

Also works as a portable charger for iPhone etc via USB port, which I didn't know, so bonus :)

Siam Diesel and etlava like this.
  9. etlava
    Psychedelic

I just received an email confirmation from Shenzhen XTAR Electronics Co.,Ltd that Sunflashlight is its authorised dealer in Thailand.

I shipped back my counterfeit nitecore D2 to China today (lesson learned) and ordered a Xtar VC2 Plus from Sunflashlight.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

He is legit...

An extract from an email I received from XTAR-HK:
    upload_2016-1-4_16-55-14.png

Neilly and etlava like this.
  11. etlava
    Psychedelic

Cheers mate, saw that in his website. But after my nitecore experience and Photoshop these days, can't help to be extra careful and most importantly... peace of mind. Maybe I'm becoming paranoid by second guessing everything...
    :chinrub: :lost it::angel and devil: :no trust:
    **Updated**
    sorry mate for not reading your reply correctly. was referring to sunflashlight's authorisation certificate. nonetheless, no excuses, my bad.
    :completely forgotten:

Siam Diesel likes this.