1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Evolv DNA 40 chips still messing up...

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, May 15, 2015.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

And one more small niggle...last night, I tried both Delta II's on my VS rDNA40. Neither would read...got a 'check atty' message for both. This morning, one of them works fine (didn't try the other one). Can't figure that out either because nothing has changed overnight!

Fortunately, my buddy is back from CH so I'm going to get my SX Mini M and Dicodes 2380...new toys...hell yeah!!

Steve.H, Tibo and Rick O-Shea like this.
  2. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

That is really a pity for such device (or board, really). But in a way, it will help other to improve their products.

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Ok, now that I've caught up on my reading (we've got a garrulous bunch of members ;)), I exchanged emails with Vapor Flask overnight. You can say what you want about the VF but their customer service is top notch. They told me that the Evolv board was new and that they'd not had any recent reports of scrambled screens.

They did say that this phenomenon can occur when "when dirt or grime gets in between the battery caps and the “Landing Strip” of the battery tubes and makes the connection unreliable." They suggested that I clean the threads in the battery tube and battery cap (which I've done) and tighten the hex screws on the top (which I've not done yet as I've got to find a wee tiny 0.05" hex key). There might be something to this because now, I'm only getting an intermittent scrambled screen, which seems to correct itself when it wants to.

With any luck, I won't have to send this beast back to the US again...fingers crossed and I'll report back once I've completed the fix and vaped it for awhile.

judas, Dieter., Tibo and 1 other person like this.