1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Evic VTC Mini Version 3.0 Update with TCR and Specific SS316

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by The Rev, Dec 21, 2015.

1. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

That's the beauty, no need anymore for fancy designer coils.

2. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Well-Known Member

Possible to reset the puff count?

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I bet Google could help you with that. :wink:

Konvict and JohnKalasin like this.
  4. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Can't see the point of a puff counter if you can't reset it. So I would assume that the answer would be yes. Can't be bothered to google it though. :lost it:

JohnKalasin and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

Done. It worked :wink:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. dl12345

dl12345 Well-Known Member

The firmware doesn't reset properly when changing atomizers, instead choosing to "remember" the previous atomizer and its base resistance. I carry a subtank mini atomizer base with a 0.2 ohm coil. When changing atomizers I insert this first, press fire, remove, press fire and then insert my new atty and lock resistance. This is somewhat painful but works every time.

There is a new version 3.01 firmware now live on the Joyetech site.

Siam Diesel and Neilly like this.
  7. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

**Updated**
    If someone got ss316 wire and have a lot, could you send me 40 cm?? I haven't tried out TC mode yet I will pay for wire and shipping, PM me if someone could be so kind. Max 120THB ink shipping :p

Neilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. peter-k
    Fine

I am refering also to your older posts about your problems.

- It is correct not all tanks work on the eVic Mini. The 510 only has a silly rubber grommet to allow some play, not a spring loaded pin. If you use a tank where the plus pin sticks out a lot, it may push the center pin on the mod down, too low for the next tank to make secure contact. Then you have to carefully lift it up again before using that other tank.
    - If you have frequently problems with flowing e-liquid into the 510 (for example original eGo Mega tank) it can cause long term ohm fluctation, which the eVic Mini reacts very sensitively. You could buy one of those tank heat sinks to keep the liquid off the 510 on the mod, because on the long run it's exposure to e-liquid that leads to even more contact problems on this mod.
    - When using the original tank and changing the coil head you really need to remove the base from the mod and then change the coil head. If you don't do that, the tank bases plus pin will remain sticking up a little. Then you can not seat the coil head 100 % proper, you think it's nice and tight in, but it's not. The effect that you want is seating the coil head 100% proper an the center pin of the coil head pushing the plus pin on the base down, not vice versa. Many people have fluctuating ohms with the eVic Mini this is one of the major reasons.
    - If you have problems with the device not showing the new coil line: Before changing to a new coil head unlock the resistance. Leave the device on, then unscrew the entire tank with its base, then press the fire button briefly. You may now leave the device on or switch it off, does not matter. It will offer you the new coil screen after you insert the tank again. Remember the device has the memory function for the coils ohm value. It tends to want keeping this value for your convenience. If you fire it briefly without coil it should ask you, though.

Both TC and TCR work reasonable well if we know the quirks this device has, TCR to my opinion is even better.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

10. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

The last update I did to mine was to V3.00...I haven't bothered to go to V3.01 because I don't need the extra features they've added and I like the screen the way it is now

Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.
  11. haybilly
    Paranoid

That's what I was wondering--which is the best Firmware Upgrade for all round 'usabilty''--I might follow your advice and download V.3.0. Cheers.
    To be honest--it works pretty much OK out of the box--is there any great improvement in V.3.0 ?

Only problem is that the Joyetech Update webpage only seems to offer the latest version--it makes mention of previous but I cant find any links to download said previous upgrades.

12. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Think V3.00 was just the screen layout...? I can't remember what ver changed to SS316...but seeing as I don't use TC I don't see the point mate

haybilly likes this.
  13. peter-k
    Fine

Any version will do for those just staying in power mode. Decide on basis of screen asthetics. Some complain V2 has too small font but there is more info than V1.

From V 3 the TC is significantly improved. V3.01 does improve access to changing the wattage in TC and adds a new mode called Starter Mode.

14. haybilly
    Paranoid

Where to find all the various Firmware updates?? The Joyetech Webpage, mentioned in the above video does not link to older firmwares.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

15. Moog
    No Mood

Moog Well-Known Member

If you download the latest version, the packet will contain all the older version as well.

Neilly, haybilly and Siam Diesel like this.