1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Evic VTC Mini Version 3.0 Update with TCR and Specific SS316

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by The Rev, Dec 21, 2015.

1. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Last September I bought an eGo one Mega. From the first second on I loved vaping and had no problem dropping my Drum tobacco. Then I felt it could be even better, so I researched and decided to buy an eVic VTC Mini, but of course I was new and not sure if that was the right thing. I am glad I did.
    Today I know that *all* TC devices have quircks and issues, and that the eVic Mini is one of those with lesser quircks, thanks to TCR. As well the screen is one of the best, the form factor and build quaility are better than average. The device might actually last 6 or 8 months insteat of the usual 3 - 4 months of Chinese junk.

I am convinced if vaping has a future chance of survical anywhere near the current shape of things (not with pen style devices only), then it will be with the help of some form of TC or TCR, auto-coil detection, auto-mode and connected safety measures. Just yesterday I read a post by somebody who insterted his new Ti coil into his new eVic Mini and choose Bypass Mode. A bright yellow flame must have shoot out of the tip, the guy was lucky nothing more happened. There is just too much of this.

I concur.

This will be exactly the issues for as long as TC is facilitated by ohm differences detection. A real temperature sensor - actually the only alternative for a well working TC system - will likely cause another reviewer putting up a youtube video explaining why he does not like his hobby if things are complicated.

2. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

I have to say I am still very happy ith my VTC mini since I purchased it (3 month or so), even more happy with it than with my genuine DNA 40 that sleep on the shelf since I receiuved my VTC mini.

Not to say that the evolv is not a great mod but the ease of use and different wire type, the great display plus the TCR adjustment make the VTC a winner, especially considering the price of the later.

3. npililis
    Chatty

npililis Well-Known Member

I just purchased the Vtc mini - mainly for new cleito tank from aspire since the tc40 eleaf wouldn't be enough - the eleaf TC modes or maybe the kanger coils are a letdown but with ni200 I get no flavour at all - still don't understand why mine fires only at 40w till temp set reached

4. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Completely normal. That's all the power that is needed by the mod to get to the temp limit you set and if the Eleaf TC40 the mods watt output limit. Raise your temp and you might see that number increase if needed (if using a different mod with higher wattage capabilities) . Lower your temp and it may not see 40 W.

Could be the temp you set is too low to get the kind of flavor you like. What is your temp setting? Is that on the Eleaf TC40? If VTC Mini, you may find you will need to increase the temp all the way up near 540 F or more to get a nice vape...sorta depends on build and atty as well.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. npililis
    Chatty

npililis Well-Known Member

Awesome - great simple easy to follow information - it's for the eleaf40 for kanger nano - which can't compare with the flavour of my first rda few days back

6. El Sid

El Sid Member

So after trying further I seem to have a lemon device and no chance to visit big ;)

Yesterday evening I did a new coil with ss316l on a velocity clone and voila it worked so put back the Origen and voila it doesn't work :(, put back velocity - doesn't work. Take off rda, switch of mini, on, rda on - nope nada doesn't work, doesn't even ask if it's a new coil. Even the ss316 mode doesn't work. Always goes straight into protection. Will test TI as next (when I find where I misplaced it). Should anyone know of other tricks to try pls let me know - thx

Übrigens danke Peter ;)

7. Scratchy
    Lurking

You can also try flashing it to a different firmware version in an attempt at kicking it back into working. Do recommend a diferent version than the one you are using now so better chance that all the registers are cleared and reset

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Scratchy
    Lurking

Oh and maybe the 510 pin has been pushed in too far? You may be able to gently pry it upwards. Be careful and take battery(ies) out first

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. El Sid

El Sid Member

thx scratchy, tried this, didn't help unfortunately. I hope I have assembled correctly, there is a spring I don't understand what the purpose could be as I placed a round plastic on it at least I think it belongs there.

As for the firmware will try but you mean flash with lower version, test, flash back to 3.0 and try ? Would the ss316l work with lower firmware ?

10. Scratchy
    Lurking

Yes, just like that. If it has a problem working with 3.0 the maybe there's some issue requiring warranty service. Try the flash procedures with batteries removed.

El Sid likes this.
  11. Scratchy
    Lurking

It could work but I believe the earlier version SS setting was tuned for SS304 or some other variant while 3.0 was SS 316 so you would need to adjust temp. Not sure if it needs to be adjusted lower or higher. Of course I would recommend a good amount lower to see.

12. El Sid

El Sid Member

ok, flashed to 1.20 no ss mode but went with TI set to 200F, not good, increased to 250F and worked but for 250F was quite warm. Flashed back to 3.0 and for now it works :cheers2:

don't dare to try tcr. What bugs me a bit is the permanent change of the resistant, 1.20 was 0.57, with 3.0 went up to 6.1
    also what I'll try is change to Fahrenheit with firmware 3.0, after flashing it uses Celsius, maybe also a prob though I prefer C

PS will test TCR later

Siam Diesel and Scratchy like this.
  13. Scratchy
    Lurking

I think you mean 0.61? Could be your coil was still warm...still, unless you lock resistance (I dont feel needed with this mod) it should correct as the coil cools. It may also show a different number on the earlier firmware versions where the number shows the current reading (When coil is warm it increases resistance) while the newer version immediately reverts to displaying the base/initial/original cooled coil rsistance value despite the fact the current resistance, because of heat, is actually higher.

After flash it can default to Celsius and a high value at that. Also it may set the wattage to a very high value that is not needed.

You can increase the Celsius setting and after it reaches the highest value the next value is Fahrenheit and you can then increase that.

Do recommend you watch some review videos on this mod to learn more.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. El Sid

El Sid Member

thx scratchy, yes meant 0.61, I was aware in a way with change of temperature and resistance, not so tragic numbers are small.
    As for the F vs C I was rather trying to say that the mini may act funny when it tries to measure with C, just a hypothesis - will test if TCR fails later
    yes watched some movies plus manual ;)
    thx for the tips

Scratchy likes this.
  15. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

I am vaping it on Ti A1 at 210 degrees C, my coil is a simple spaced coil, 5 wraps reading at 0.24 ohms. I'm using TCR from the table posted by @Axel (0350 for Ti).

I have to say this is a very consistent and satisfying vape.

Scratchy and Siam Diesel like this.