1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Evic VTC Mini Version 3.0 Update with TCR and Specific SS316

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by The Rev, Dec 21, 2015.

1. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Thread Starter Forgiven Member

farangmick, haybilly, Neilly and 8 others like this.
  2. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Does it mean TC can work with Kantal A1 ?

3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

THANK YOU @The Rev, this time you beat me. I just saw after you posted it here. I have been downloaded it and use it already. What can I say ? since iI still use nickel 200 I'm not into the new wires by now, but I'm really happy the puff counter and time disappeared from the screen again. It seems to be working fine.
    I don't think so. here the list of material taken from there website :
    Here’s the TCR Value Range of eVic-VTC Mini for your reference as follows:[​IMG] Note: 1.The TCR value in the sheet is 10 multiplied of the actual TCR.
    Note: 2. The TCR value range for eVic-VTC Mini is 1-1000.

Siam Diesel and The Rev like this.
  4. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

+1 for the puff and time !

Noted for the TCR, not going to use that function, found it little complicated... but could be a good improvement for other !

Made the update already but looks like there is a little bug for Mac users : the download link is providing the installation software only (whereas I got it already for v2.0), but not the new firmware v3.0 itself (.bin file) ! So, I had to download the firmware from the Window link and then install it into the evic using the Mac software : hopefully it worked fine this way !

5. Loki
    No Mood

Loki Trickster. Vaper. Bringer of Ragnarök

Thank you Rev.

The Rev likes this.
  6. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

I did actually like the puff counter. That's how I know my Joyetech coils last about double of the Kangers.

The Rev likes this.
  7. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Away from home, and didn't bring the laptop ( daughter has hers but no chance of borrowing that) so my Upgrade will have to wait until end of December-- thanks for doing all the legwork, Rev. I'll get it sorted around 2016 ( the first day or so)

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

The Rev likes this.
  8. The Rev
    Sleepy

Awe... I just noticed Heaven's Gifts post of the New Atomizer and in it they stated Version 3.0 was coming with it. Of course my ears raised and I ran to Joytech's site. Awesome news and love all the new stuff. Joyetech has a killer platform now lets hope they start releasing more mods with it!

9. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Mere days after I gave my VTC Mini to an employee (for Nautilus Mini kanthal coil use). While it's very doubtful it would have helped the problem I had with TC on mine, it may have.

Problem I had was the "anemic" vape issue some, probably many actually, have had with the VTC Mini. In short, whether Ni200 or Ti, I had to raise the temp to nearly 550 F to get a vape approaching actual 450 F which is almost a starting point for me. You can find more than a handful of posts on the Evic VTC thread at ECF. Just do a keyword search on "anemic". Not all posts describing the problem use that term but more than a few do. Anyway, I hope Joyetech fixed the issue...probably due to some component that they have since replaced with later production runs. Most copies in the field it seems do not have this problem.

10. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

A little nitpicking but I'm not liking the rate Joyetech is releasing new tank, the gap between each release is too close, making the older versions feel kinda ... obsolete. They announced the Tron tank almost as soon as they released the VTC Mini and now that the Tron is released they announced another new tank.

Continuing to release the firmware upgrade is pretty neat though, goes to show how much Joyetech care about their customer base :bravo:

11. The Rev
    Sleepy

I've got good news for you.... scroll down to Amps and you can change it to Puff counter :) I like it too as it gives me an idea as to how much I'm vaping one day to another although I don't need it on the screen all the time. Just available when I want to see it. This works great!!!

peter-k likes this.
  12. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

As a Dane I use Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. I also noticed that the TC is regulating at the weak side of the scale. German reviewers found that you in Celsius had to use about 20 degree more than else. Instead of the 240 degree Celsius I'. used to I just set the VTC on 260 Degree Celcius. So in celsius there is not huge difference than what it seems to be in Fahrenheit.

13. Taengmo
    Twisted

Taengmo Well-Known Member

so does this tank uses a completely different atomizer head than the original supplied tank, or can I still use my 5 Ti atomizers that I bought for the 'future'?

14. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Coil looks totally different...

Joyetech Cubis 3.5ml Tank with Bottom Feeding Design - Cvapor.com

15. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

done mine, just waiting for the cubis and ss coils