1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Evic VT: Born To Be The Favorite Temp Control Mod

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, May 20, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Yes but is it being upgraded with the big screen chip version?

2. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Not sure-it said on the website that (obviously) it would not be capable of wireless charging after the upgrade (without necessary bits) but I didn't inquire as to which version of DNA40 chip was going in to the mod - I suppose I should have really, but I was just pleased to find a usable solution to my burnt out chip. Although, I was tempted to chuck it and for, at the time only about $20 more, to buy the "scratched and dented" renovated rDNA40-but they pulled the offer fairly quickly (I guess all the sent-in mods git sold]

3. -V-
    Cool

Back on topic :)
    Screen Shot 2558-05-22 at 2.35.07 PM.png

4. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

Great looking mod...too bad they went with an internal battery...way to expensive for that nonsense.

And If I remember right wasn't titanium pretty much proven to be a no no as far as vaping goes? I swear I saw a lot of videos on the bad stuff that happens with titanium wire when its heated repeatedly.

5. -V-
    Cool

Titanium Wire for Vaping | Thailand Vapers

Siam Diesel and Talen like this.
  6. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember -so, maybe I'll give the Titanium LVC coil heads a miss.

7. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

I see that CVapor is offering a pre-order price of $91.

Where did you see it for 2,000 Baht Dieter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I saw it on the link you posted.

**Updated**
    But there might be an explanation to the differences in price it looks like the cheap price around 2000 Thb is for the mod, but Cvapor 's price is for a kit so it might include the tank as well .

Siam Diesel and -V- like this.
  9. vinaydhawan

vinaydhawan Member

Yes. Only mod at melody.

No tank included.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  10. bigbadgeorge

bigbadgeorge Member

I hear that the vape quality in temp control is sort of "anemic" compared to not using temp control. Is this everyone's experience or ???

11. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

In the beginning of my use of temp limiting mods I'd been a little stubborn in wanting to always keep temp limit at about 450 F or slightly less with Ni200. Result was that I was often unsatisfied with the warmth and quality of the vape and I struggled in trying to get a build to perform to my liking. Anemic would be a good way to describe the vape. Ultimately, I accepted that in most cases it couldn't be achieved at that those temp settings.

Now I have no qualms bringing the temp up to 500 F and found that by doing so I can usually get a very satisfying vape. For example, anything less than say 480 F on a subtank mini Ni200 coil feels lacking to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Yep, agree with you @Scratchy. I also found that if it was set much higher than 480 F, the coil would start sending hot bits of juice along with the vapor. In the end, I stopped using the Ni200 coils in the ST Mini.

13. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Hi SD,

The new vertical coils supposedly have less spit-back and popping so if you're still game to try the ST Mini, they may be better for you. That being said, I have had some popping with fresh Ni200 original style coils but it always seems to go away after a liittle break-in time. I like those older coils more, even if they cant be pushed as much as the vertical ones. Better flavor IMO. I know others may disagree.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. usmcotaku

usmcotaku Well-Known Member

It depends, what tank are you using? The kanger ni200 occ coils are not a good example of temp control vaping.
    Also, wicking is extremely important for a good vape with TC. If your wicking is off, temp. protection will kick in early, and you will get a weak vape. Try wicking with rayon. I'm set at 420 degrees usually, and the vape is both pleasantly warm and full.

Another cause of anemic output is a hot leg or short on the coil (one of the wraps touching), this spot will heat up extremely fast, making TP kick on.

Someone early in the thread mentioned Ti wire as being dangerous to vape on.......Ti is only dangerous if it creates titanium dioxide, a white powdery coating on the surface of the wire.... This is created at temperatures of 600-800 degrees Celsius.... Double the max a TC mod outputs. This is why you don't want to dry burn a Ti coil in VW mode....a glowing coil CAN reach temps of 600 Celsius.

Tibo likes this.
  15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps not, but that's what they're purported to do. I have very little free time to mess with making Ni200 coils for my tanks so it's disappointing when the Kanger coils don't work very well for their intended purpose.