1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help Entering Thailand with:

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Steven079, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Steven079

Steven079 Thread Starter New Member

Checked in luggage:
    -approx 700ml juice ( undecided it will be in a single bottle, or divided in 7* 100ml bottles -all bottles unmarked-)

-nitecore i4 charger

Handluggage:
    - 6* 18650 batts

-boxmod (reuleaux 200w)
    -2* tanks
    -1* dripper

Greetings all, my first post here and it's nice to see that there is a vaping community in Thailand, and vaping is somewhat available over there
    I have lived in Asia for more than 12 years of which 2 years in TH, Phuket. Soon I'll be visiting Thailand again, but this time not as a smoker but as a vaper :)

I'll be heading out first from Europe to Vietnam by air, then traveling to Cambodia by bus and from there I'll be heading to Bangkok by air, staying not more than 7 days before I leave to Vietnam again by air.

The 700ml of juice I'd like to take along is to ensure I do not run out in the 3 weeks of my stay in Asia. I do not buy ready-to-vape liquid and mix the liquid myself and I have not decided whether I should mix everything before departure (Ill bring 3 flavors) or if I should just bring 700ml of base and 100ml of concentrated juice to mix it whenever I need it, wherever I am

However, I am able to leave (some of) it behind in Cambodia if this amount is way too much to enter Thailand with.
    I'll be traveling with a friend who is a non smoker / non vaper so there is also an option to divide it over 2 suitcases/carry on bags, not just the juice but also the batteries if it's necessary

Furthermore I am fully aware to keep batteries in the carry on, separate them from the mods in a separate cover, etc, not to take a bottle with +30ml onboard etc

I'd be grateful if someone could give me some brief tips, some advice on this matter...

Thanks and regards,

2. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

The boxmod and the atties you can put in your check in luggage if you want, as long as the batteries are removed.

I would only take a small mod in your carry on which can be used as a back up or for stealth vaping outside the airport or when you are out and about here in Thailand.

I don't think 700 ml is too much, but I wouldn't bring much more with you.

Two weeks ago I took a full bottle of 50ml, two atties and a VaporShark DNA30 (with a flashlight 510 head connected) with me, in my carry on, on two national flights and didn't have any problems.

Have a great time!

:welcome:

Dune1471 and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. winwin

winwin Birder on the run

Just curious. Do you really need 700ml juice for 3 weeks trip ? And, you have only one dripper, why you bring 2 mods ? Better travel LIGHT.

If I were you, I would:
    1) Bring 3 X 100ml in different flavour and label them as essential oil — you could print from the computer,
    2) A single battery mode, if you had, with 2 spares & charger,
    3) a FLASHLIGHT for coverup.

4. Steven079

Steven079 Thread Starter New Member

I puff away an entire tank ( 7ml ) in half an hour when I drink, which is about 40ml a day.
    I won't drink each day but if I do, I'd finish 850ml juice in 3 weeks.
    Naturally I won't puff away as much when I am in a situation that is potentially dangerous.. I would be lowering the wattage and be taking it easy.

I could skip the extra tank and the dripper but I do love my reuleaux and my rdta tank, blowing big clouds. It tastes much better than the previous mods I started with . The extra tanks I usually take along to avoid issues like when I break the glass, or screw up coils while rewicking and don't have any spare
    **Updated**
    Perhaps I should get the idea out of my head to bring along my cloudchase gear and indeed get something simple like an istick 30watt with a single coil tank such as the lemo
    With this gear I can last a week on just 100ml but I'd be pretty sad when I arrive and notice that fellow vapers are using their big mods and chucking their clouds

When I visited Manila earlier this year I had the same doubt, but took the risk and found out that it was vape heaven...
    I used to smoke for 20 years and the way I vape is the way I stay off the stinky fags. I've lowered down to 2.5mg already so I have good feelings I can leave everything somewhere next year ( except for when I drink.... That just keeps me craving for things to inhale )

5. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Avoid doing that in public and you'll be OK.

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  6. aging one
    Busy

aging one Well-Known Member

7ml in half an hour?.! Here in Bangkok I for one would think that would just be too conspicuous. Wherever you were would be filled with clouds wouldnt it? All the best I could not believe a guy a while ago who said he did 30ml a day. But whatever floats your boat.

Siam Diesel, jpr and Konvict like this.
  7. Urban vapes

Urban vapes New Member

Hi, new poster here.

I'm flying to krabi in April and wanting to bring my vape gear, I don't want to have to resort back to cigarettes having been smoke free for 2 years but don't want to risk getting a fine or worse....

Any advice from people living in that area is welcome

8. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

If you don't want to take the chance of bringing your vape gear there is always the possibility to buy locally here...

Thailand Vapers FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST (There are NO B&M Vape Shops) | Thailand Vapers

:welcome:

Siam Diesel likes this.