1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Electronic cigarette glossary (NO 'New Poster' Posts!)

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by byoung, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

In what way. When did you stop smoking?

2. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Quit 19 days ago...I'm trying to work out the balance between what I smoked before and what I need to vape now to keep me sane (ish)

3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Feeling shitty possibly has nothing to do with vaping/nicotine and is just withdrawal from all the shit you're no longer sucking into your body. It will pass, assuming that is the reason. You might just feel shitty for another reason. Without symptoms it's hard to say.

Just keep vaping and drink a shit load of water.

Neilly likes this.
  4. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

I have made it simple for myself. I avoid anything with cigarette or e-** in it. A box mod I simply call a box mod,. I use words as vaping gear, vaporizer, vaping juice or juice for vaping.
    A tank I call a tank for vaping juice or vaping fluid.

So if I should answer a question that you raise, I would answer a "box mod device that I use for vaping, " Then if vaping as a term is unknown, I would go on with vaping as a replacement habit for the old smoking.

Vaping is connected to smoking in the sense that for "most"vapers it is used foremost, at least in the start, to break the addiction to smoking. So I'm waging my own personal little crusade to make it clear that yes, vaping has that connection, but it is at the same time very different.

Dieter., Siam Diesel and Wighlander like this.
  5. chia yossarian
    Angelic

chia yossarian Well-Known Member

Great article, and I realize I still have more than one shitload to learn.

One thing I did read here doesn't sound right to me, though?

"Choosing the correct atomizer depends upon the preference of the individual user. However, here is a general guideline to help you select the best atomizer for your needs:

- If you are seeking a large cloud of vapor when you take a drag, you should try a low-resistance atomizer.

- If you are seeking a profound “throat hit,” you should try a high-resistance atomizer."

I am personally not a great fan of throat-hits, therefore I Vape rather lower Nicotine Juices, and also (as per my experience and experiments so far) rather avoid lower Ohm Atomizers.
    And now this?

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure when this was written...probably sometime in 2013 so it predates the current crop of mods & atomizers on the market.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

chia yossarian likes this.
  7. chia yossarian
    Angelic

Thanks, Diesel.

So, what Ohms are preferable for a low throat hit nowadays?

8. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

My take on the above...

- If you are seeking a large cloud of vapor then that will mean sub ohm and tanks with lots of air

- If you are seeking a profound “throat hit,” then this will mean mouth to lung and less air thru the tank

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I think the lower the nic level, the lower the throat hit...I'm down to 12mg in my Nauts (1.8-2 ohms) and Delta II (1 ohm). I still like a good throat hit sometimes (menthol helps) but it's become much less important for me than it used to be.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

10. chia yossarian
    Angelic

So, the consensus seems to be no correlation between Ohm and Throat-Hit?

11. etlava
    Psychedelic

etlava Well-Known Member

:very good: Cheers mate for putting this up. It helps and explained a lot of questions I have, especially the Vaping Power Chart. Now my vapor tastes much much better.
    :cheers2: