1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

E-cigarette regulation in Denmark from November 2015

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Dieter., Mar 1, 2015.

1. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

They'll criminalize us all if they get their way.

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

The EU TPD was the best that Big Stinkie & The Pill Pushers could do...they couldn't get vaping declared as illegal so they've made it as hard as possible for the small suppliers to even get onto the playing field. Again, it's got nothing to do with our health and everything to do with the MONEY!

3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

Yes they make it impossible to use anything else than an e-cigaret like the blue ecigg wich as i kow use some cotton with e-liquid inside as a refill. I translated what the danish law says about tanks also called refill-containers here :
    (From the law)
    Paragraph 14

A manufacturer or importer of electronic cigarettes or refill-containers (Tanks are called refillcontainers in this law) must make sure that e-cigarettes or refill-containers that are marketed meets the following requirements :

1. Electronic cigarettes must deliver nicotine doses in a constant quantity if used under normal conditions.

2. Electronic cigarettes and refill-containers must be child- and tamperproof

3. Electronic cigarettes and refill-containers must be protected from damaging and fluid leakage

4. Electronic cigarettes and refill-containers must have a mechanism that prevents fluid leakage during refilling.
    As i know no tank on the marked today will pass this demands.

Yes but that is long gone. 10 years with Mr. Fogh as prime minister and all is gone down the drain.

Yes Siam every EU country must implement the TPD, but there is room for implementation, and the Danish minister has choosen a very hard and restrictive implementation, and i also fear that if he gets away with it other countrys might also use a very restrictive way af implementing it.

I wholeheartedlysecond that.

Rowdy and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

The part about uniformed nicotine dosages, IMO, will have to be changed. It's just not even possible, which means obviously that this is far from final, but it's a TERRIBLE first start.

The uniform means of nicotine, must have to somehow change. As it is now, with a regulated device, you can change the level of nicotine you will get easily, I don't see a way to do this unless they seriously went with a one brand doing it all.

5. haybilly
    Paranoid

That,probably,is what they want -and that one brand ecig device will be made by Philip Morris and Brit/American Tobacco-users will not get 'satisfaction ',think that ecigs are crap, and scurry back to cigarettes.

6. David in Bangkok

I don't see this as working for the current ecig user population. They are going to be able to need to make something so that these users can keep on vaping. Are they going to make the current ecig devices illegal? Who in their right mind would pick the useless commercial brand if they can find one cheap from China. I see people just violating this restrictive of a law. The problem is, here in Thailand it's normal to violate laws, in Denmark it is not. It would be terrible to have to be doing this illegally.
    I would think they'd have to understand that they will need to keep ecig users at least satisfied, and if those ecig users are then turned to cigarettes, that would be terrible for the lawmakers I would think. It would look really bad if all the laws did were make more people go back to smoking, I think that could actually help us (at the expense of a lot of peoples' health which is not worth it but may be necessary if this is allowed to pass through).

7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

You can't look at this logically...they don't give a toss about our health or whether the current crop of vapers will be happy or accept it...there will always be those 'outlaws' that get stuff sent in under one guise or another (sound familiar?).

The goal of Big Stinky, the Pill Pushers and the governments is to ensure their revenue streams...for Big Stinky, that's either through the sales of real stinkies or the new regulated ecigs; for the Pill Pushers, that's through people continuing to smoke & contract cancer who will then need to purchase their pills; and for the governments, that's through tax revenues, either from the sale of stinkies or the new ecigs.

They could care less about us...just follow the $$$$$..

David in Bangkok, Tibo and haybilly like this.
  8. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Remember folks : They do not want you to die. They make money on us only if we are alive.

Cigarettes won't kill you right away, nor medicine cure you right away. The goal is to get you addicted. They will make money only if you are alive and hooked.

It's a thin balance.

David in Bangkok and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. David in Bangkok

I'm a little shocked at Denmark, and I hope this couldn't happen in the US, but I guess that is going to depend on how vigilant the pro-ecig movement there goes.

The thing about the US is that we have a lot of liberal laws on at least some of this kind of stuff. I think this time now where there hasn't been any really big bans has been really good to the movement because once some companies get big enough, they can afford to oppose the laws in court. No one knows what will happen, but I'm hoping that the right thing happens there at least.
    I just don't know the workings of the European legal systems to understand how that would or wouldn't work there.

10. mcVape

mcVape Member

And I have been seeing or sorts of floating post of why people should not use ecigs and shows a guys in hospitals with injuries that don't match or seem true to me.
    Why You Shouldn't Smoke E-cigarettes.

They going to use this as ammo against us!

11. haybilly
    Paranoid

Not sure what the link is trying to say? Did he fall on his mod? Or cut himself with the Atomiser? Really smells like false information. If these idiots have any real facts then we will gladly look at them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk