1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

E-cig with Malware - USB Charger

Discussion in 'E-News' started by byoung, Nov 25, 2014.

1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

AI-NAAM likes this.
  2. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Thanks for the heads up byoung.

3. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

4. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

This protects you from the power source, but it is not clear that the protection it offers is bidirectional. Although it does say that it only allows the power pins to connect, so maybe it will.

5. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

The first sentence:
    The USBCondom prevents accidental data exchange when a device is plugged into a computer or public charging station.

Articles like this tend to crop up every few months. The fact is, any USB device can be a vector for viruses. Most virus scanners pick up on this stuff, and most modern computers won't execute code via USB automatically unless they are already compromised. I use Windows, so I listen for that dum-dum sound when I plug in something like a charger. If it made that sound it would immediately get unplugged. For the most part though, I charge USB devices in an external USB charger, mainly to protect the ports on my laptop from damage.

Siam Diesel likes this.