1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Drip Club successful

Discussion in 'General Thailand E-Liquid Discussion' started by Trishad, Apr 19, 2016.

1. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

Price is the first consideration for most of these mixers. Quality and safety be damned. It seems a significant number of them are sourcing from Winner, Chemipan, and Miss Ice Cream locally. The percentages of flavoring that they add to their mixes would blow your mind. I just watched a 36 minute "instructional" DIY video today where the mixer used something like 27% flavoring, and this guy was using TFA concentrates!

2. Serenity

Serenity Well-Known Member

To be fair I see that a lot on diy sites, flavorings up to 30%! I mean I could maybe understand that 2-3 years ago with crappy silica wick clearos and you just quit smoking, but not now with the level of equipment available.

Although I use a lot of different flavorings in all my juices some are only in tiny amounts and only there to add depth and/or complexity, I usually end up around 10%.

Not saying it's wrong to use more flavoring but I usually find that the sweet spot if I'm not using super concentrates or really strong flavors like absinthe...

Sent from my K4000 using Tapatalk

3. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

You guy's have an interesting and at the same time shocking conversation going on here. I was shocked about the pictures and the stuff is being used for mixing juice. Are you guy's informing this folks on the other forum on what they are actualy doing? If they are using stiff like this for flavoring i don't want to know about the bases they use.....

30% flavoring abd above is unbelievable!!!! and then vape with a dipper i suppose....
    Flavor art is recommending 1% on most of there flavors however i end up some we're around 5% and asked myself already if i am to high. However the taste is right for me.

Just send it

4. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Money doesn't cure everything? I was stoned during Economics 101. :pleasure:

5. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I agree with @Serenity 100%. When I first started mixing, silica and 2.4 ohm clearos with almost no airflow required around 25% plus total flavoring just to get some flavor out of the mix. Now I rarely go over 10%. There are some strong flavorings that only need 5-6% and the absolute highest I use now is on flavor that has weaker concentrates and it is at 13%. I only use high quality US flavorings. With the Chinese or the local Thai flavorings (Winner), I have no idea what the percentages would need to be. With that being said, if you like 30% flavoring, I don't see an issue. I can't imagine it tasting right, but as they say here, up to you.

Serenity likes this.
  6. jorakae

I have actually tried to make a few comments on their forum. This has multiple issues.

1. I don't write Thai. Everything I want to post, I have to hand off to my SO to translate, and translating unfamiliar terms related to vaping just makes her annoyed. Although I explain to her that she is helping her fellow countrymen to not kill themselves, she doesn't care much about vaping and doesn't want to be bothered.

2. For the few comments I did get to post, I noticed that Thais seem to be just as bad as most if not worse about using the search feature. There will be someone new posting the exact same thing as the person I tried to help the next day and that just makes me annoyed.

3. Thais don't seem to take kindly to being corrected, or that you might have given them information that contradicts what they believe, particularly when they've just spent a large percentage of their monthly wages on these products.

At the end of the day, I gave up. No reason to make my personal situation more difficult by annoying my SO for translating. No reason to make myself annoyed because they don't search. And no reason to make them annoyed because the information I post contradicts what they want to believe.

As far as % of flavoring and clearomizers go, the video I watched was uploaded to Youtube on 25/6/2016. In addition, based on the recipe/flavors, I saw he was trying to duplicate the Unicorn Milk recipe posted on ELR which has total flavoring of 16.5%.

Serenity likes this.
  7. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

It didn't take me long to realize that you cannot tell a Thai anything. Their sister's, cousin's, brother has already told them or they have heard it from some undisclosed source so it must be true. I sometimes question the GF "Who told you that?" the answer "Oh, I heard that." (sources change). I love her to death but I have given up on trying to explain certain things to her. I would have better luck convincing the dog it's a cat. Please understand, I'm not Thai bashing, just describing my experiences.

Mack, farangmick, jorakae and 2 others like this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    How very true...whenever I get asked for 'advice' by my g/f, if what I tell her runs counter to what someone else has told her, she just ignores mine. ;)

Mack, farangmick, jorakae and 2 others like this.
  9. jorakae

Here are some more gems I found:

13076699_1157730987594014_1803664207107833017_n.jpg

I added my flavor but still don't taste anything...

12931108_10154023109898349_3779479880108803382_n.jpg

Got all my kit, ready to start mixing.

12936607_1051134561626960_230778520062332359_n.jpg

Only the highest quality McCormick flavors from the USA.

12923366_10206124769746877_8406041297144765360_n.jpg

This has been steeping for three days, but still has bubbles in it. Is this normal?

13041386_610477279102481_2276046546153289825_o.jpg

Glucose-D, this is the correct one, right?

12938357_1795239567373104_5434441516181828763_n.jpg

No nic, no PG, only flavor and VG. Been sitting for 3 nights already. What is going on here?

Emmess, samui, Konvict and 2 others like this.
  10. Serenity

Serenity Well-Known Member

Truly scary stuff.

Again I'm blaming the ban for this, it's just ignorance, lack of information and the inaccessibility of the right stuff.

Doubt some of that is much better than smoking.

Sent from my K4000 using Tapatalk

11. Vince

Vince Member

1. Flavourings dont usually go past 20% but you can if you want to.

2. Add some pg into the mix to get stronger a flavour. Going full vg works but the flavour will feel thin when vaping.

3. The bubbles are normal. You're supposed to shake it up a few times in a day and open up the bottle to let it breathe for a bit.

4. Any flavouring you order are all the same. Only way to get the best quality flavouring is to extract it yourself.

12. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

#3 No they are not. They should settle within a short time of mixing or shaking.
    #4 Easy there. This is completely off. There are many differences in the quality of the flavorings you order. I won't go into all the details. #1 It would take too long. #2 If you think they are all the same, explaining will do no good anyway.

demonboy, Emmess, Konvict and 2 others like this.
  13. Vince

Vince Member

There are differences in the taste and concentration.

When I say best quality I meant the cleanest without artificial stuffs.

It takes 20 mins to extract a flavour.
    **Updated**
    Owh, and for #3, if it's high vg juice, the bubbles does stay for a few hours if you don't open up the cap for breathing.

14. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

We can agree to disagree about the flavoring quality. The bubble picture I am referring to shows a mass of frothy bubbles on the top of the mix after 3 days. This is not normal. With high VG juice, I agree with you. The bubbles can be present for quite a while but should be fairly even throughout the mix, not on the top like head on a beer.

Siam Diesel and Serenity like this.
  15. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

does anyone want to point out that this has nothing to do with the original post what-so-ever?

Read to the end so no complaints but... came here curious about juice coming into the dead zone unscathed.

Maybe a mod typically more of a stickler on this type of thing could create a new thread called... "insert comedic post headline here" and move things there?

a whole forum section for combing the local sites for bloopers even... might be popular!