1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Down to 1 stick a day..

Discussion in 'The Thailand Quit Smoking Discussion' started by etlava, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

The other thing is to vape like mad when you want a smoke. You are maybe craving the IMMEDIATE nic hit from an analogue and youneed to work through this as and when you can. I gave up for vaping after 35 years of 40-60 a day. and when I really needed that analogue I would vape like crazy, non-stop, until the craving went away.

Also, not knowing what nic level you are on now, maybe get some higher nic for those times when you are desperate.

But that was me and may not work for you.

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Good advice!! From what I recall, it takes ~35 mins of vaping to achieve the same nic level in the system as 1 cigarette (which takes 10 mins).

farangmick and RemGirl like this.
  3. etlava
    Psychedelic

etlava Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Wow.. Reading that is very encouraging .. Cheers mate, good advice! I'm a Marl ultra light (silver) person. Now I'm on nic 6mg. I tried your method just now, it helps. Maybe I was a bit ambitious before this coz I thin down my nic by adding 1 to 2 drops of distilled water. Shouldn't have rushed it, this is just my day 18 of vaping though. I'm waiting for my 2nd tank, my plan is one 6mg for day time and the other (thinned down) for the evening. I wonder do you guys keep extra tank filled with different flavors, nice levels etc on a side?

farangmick likes this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I've got many tanks...all filled with different flavors but nic is the same, 12 mg. FWIW, changing flavors also helps to ward off vaper's tongue.

farangmick, etlava and RemGirl like this.
  5. RemGirl
    Pensive

RemGirl Active Member

All really good, solid advice. Mine would be to concentrate on just switching from the cigs to the vape and don't worry how much you vape or how high the nic levels. As you get used to vaping, the flavour becomes more and more important and you'll slowly cut down the nicotine automatically to get the enhanced flavour anyway.

farangmick, Siam Diesel and etlava like this.
  6. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Personally I l;ook at it this way. If I vape 20ml of 18mg a day to actually quit the cigs it doesnt matter. It is much better to vape than to smoke in s many ways. That being said don't bother cutting your nicotine at all until you get completwely off the analogues and KNOW you can stay off. That is the point of vaping for smokers. Worry about cuting nic when you are ready to cope withb THOSE cravings. Right now there are far too many OTHER chemicals in your smokes that make you want to smoke, other than nicotine, that you are making things much harder than you need to.

regarding tanks when I am at home I have7 sub ohm tanks going at any one time. ALL different flavours. I use 8mg juice atm, as I have just come from dripping only and need a kick. It has gone up from 3mg. I will cut the nic later on

7. etlava
    Psychedelic

etlava Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Cheers people for all the valuable advice. This is one of the main reasons I keep coming back to TV to see if I have missed anything and there are still so much to learn... I Really appreciate it.

Now I know why I have been feeling restless and also easily agitated. I cut down to a stick a day and at the same time i have been holding back my vaping too.

:cheers2:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    farangmick likes this.
  8. RemGirl
    Pensive

RemGirl Active Member

This is so true. If satisfying the nic craving was the only thing hard about quitting, those gums and patches would have a really high success rate, but they don't. Personally, for me, it was the physical habit of something with my hand, of the inhale and the throat hit. That became so eye-wateringly obvious when I switched. So yeah, like everyone else, I would like to add my voice to theirs: vape as much as you need to, at whatever nic strength works for you. You're 95% safer than you used to be when you smoked. Congratulations! Celebrate!

9. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

A good reason to buy more mods and tanks that you want, but don't actually need. Then when you want a change of flavour, or nic strength, you don't have to wait til the tank is empty, or waste juice.

Neilly, Siam Diesel and etlava like this.
  10. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Wish I'd know that little gem when I got into vaping as it's caused me lots of problems in the last few months...think I've got it licked (pun intended!) now tho.

Siam Diesel and etlava like this.
  11. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Interesting stat. I easily smoked three cigs in 30 minutes when having a social drink, so I'm cutting down on the nicotine as well as the really nasty stuff. Half my problem with cigs was the need to have something in my hand to play with, and sticking it down my shorts was not an option in company.

12. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Depends on the company ? And one's location ;)

etlava, farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.