1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Down to 1 stick a day..

Discussion in 'The Thailand Quit Smoking Discussion' started by etlava, Dec 15, 2015.

1. etlava
    Psychedelic

etlava Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I was smoking 2 packets a day during my China posting days, it's so easy to fall into temptation there. Even after I decided to come to Thailand, I was still on that same amount. 14 months ago I managed to cut down to a pack a day, but after countless attempts to cut down further, still failed.. Now, Thanks to my best friend's wife in Malaysia, I started vaping from the 1st of December 2015 and I'm down to 1 stick a day ever since (during the morning toilet business..ahem.. Too detail?). My target is zero analog by year ends. Big thanks to TV, its members and all the information available, I'm hoping that I will be able to achieve that.

Cheers people.

6an9er, Loki, RemGirl and 6 others like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Congrats @etlava!! Keep it up...you're almost there!
    :vaping: :vaping:

Loki, etlava and kevin bangkok like this.
  3. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Hi etlava. Well done. Took me a few weeks to quit totally. Regarding that last cig, try adding lots more chilies to whatever you eat before bed. The following morning, with luck, you'll be finished before you've even got the lighter out of your pocket.

4. etlava
    Psychedelic

Thanks... Re: the chilies. My friend, you are just kidding right? Cuz I would go to any extent to reach the finish line.

Neilly, farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. farangmick
    Worried

Yes I am. Happened to me a few times by accident. Would definately not recommend it as a habit.

etlava and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. etlava
    Psychedelic

As for me is somtum, pound with that little black crab and that's it. My whole day is gone.

farangmick likes this.
  7. farangmick
    Worried

Get rid of any cigs in the house. I was always tempted for a few weeks, and gave in sometimes, especially first thing in the morning. The first few vapes always set me coughing, so I backed off from my normal wattage and took gentle puffs, gradually turning it up to the settings that seem to suit me. That's just something that worked for me, but everyone's different

Neilly, Siam Diesel and etlava like this.
  8. etlava
    Psychedelic

Thanks for the pointers. Your normal wattage is wattage lower than the wattage you set as the day goes by, right? I'm on RBA and constant 14.5W. Maybe I should lower it a bit, cuz I have the morning coughing issue too.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

That's your body getting rid of all the sh*te from the stinkies...it'll diminish as time goes by and then stop completely.

I'll think the chilies are a brilliant suggestion BTW! :p

v 4 vendetta, farangmick and etlava like this.
  10. farangmick
    Worried

I'm a newbie too. Still learning and experimenting. I now start around 12 watts early morning (1.5 ohm coil and 12 mg nic). 15w about right for me at the moment during the day, and I sometimes go higher in the evenings with a beer. I only do MTL. Sometimes have to fiddle depending on the juice brand and pg/vg level. It might have all totally changed in a month. This is the site to find answers and suggestions though.

etlava likes this.
  11. RemGirl
    Pensive

RemGirl Active Member

Hello Etlava,

I'm so glad to hear you are quitting. I smoked more than a pack a day for 30 years, and gave up within a week of starting to vape in the summer. I found that obsessing about not smoking wasn't helpful. I just made it much harder to get to my cigarettes than to vape - worked very well. 5 months on, I've had a few cigs, and have grown to think they taste foul.

Having a good sub-ohm tank and strong throat-hit juices are what helped me. I've been through a few days of vaper's tongue, and a juice that was strongly menthol really helped with that.

farangmick, Siam Diesel and etlava like this.
  12. etlava
    Psychedelic

Hi, thanks for all the support and encouragement received from you guys. Re: strong throat hit juices are those with higher PG, right? How high is higher? I'm on 50/50 at the moment, just received a couple of 70pg/30vg (yet to try). Will try them these couple of days. I'm still in the stage of trial and error here, I guess this is the fun part huh..
    :thank you:

13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

In my experience, the higher PG juices (hard to find anything higher than 50/50 over here) produce a stronger throat hit (TH) in conjunction with higher nic content...but I think the nic content is the more important component. When I first started vaping, I stayed with mainly menthol juices as they gave me the most satisfying TH. While I no longer need the TH (I've become a flavor junkie ;)), I still like a good menthol vape...Halo Sub Zero is my favorite (which Micky usually has).
    :vaping: :vaping:

farangmick, RemGirl and etlava like this.
  14. RemGirl
    Pensive

RemGirl Active Member

I agree with SD. Although it is a personal thing, I found the higher VG juices too smooth for me at the beginning. 70/30 works better - it doesn't smooth out the harshness of the nic as much and is a better vehicle for the flavouring. My routine was higher PG and nic in the morning, lower both in the afternoon.

As you come to crave the flavour, the need for the heavy TH definitely fades, I think. And you start to feel the nicotine spoils the flavour too, and you cut down slowly, automatically.

Menthol juices are a godsend for those rare days when I crave a cig.

farangmick, etlava and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. farangmick
    Worried

If you can stand any more pearls of wisdom, here goes. Thailand is not the US or GB, we don't have an unlimited choice of brands and flavours. I started with 3 bottles of Goodlife from Micky. Got the ones he had with 18mg nic, as recommended for heavy smokers. One ok, two not my taste. I figured that as I am no longer limited to a ten minute fag break, I could go down to 12 mg, vape more often, and have a good choice of flavours. I got a selection of Chinese Feellife from Tieng. Much cheaper. I found flavours I really like, and those I don't cost me bugger all. Just got another delivery from Tieng. Still going to try MBV and others, but if only Feellife was available in LoS, I'd be ok. Found two I love, three or four I like for a change, and always order a couple I haven't tried yet.
    **Updated**
    Long winded post sorry. But got back from an all day round trip to Immigration sorting out an extension glitch. On a high. Only eaten beer and vapour since I got home.