1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Dos and Don't of vaping in Thailand, Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by -V-, Dec 23, 2017.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Feel free to add your comments too..

Dos

Think before you vape
    Vape away from the public eye, at your home, in your hotel (try to cover any smoke alarms as they do tend to go off)
    Take care at all times

Don'ts
    Vape in public places
    Blow big ass clouds..lol..
    Leave your mod, juice and such in a place that can be seen, say when driving your car, at anytime you could get stopped at a checkpoint and things could go wrong from then onwards...

What else guys....

Rowdy, Sue, Konvict and 1 other person like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Take the cheap stuff out in public...I take an Aio...purchased locally and worth nothing if it gets seized (and/or I get thrown in the clink)! :D

Rowdy and Konvict like this.
  3. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Dos
    If you go out, take a MTL device with you with a juice that doesn't smell, if you vape keep the vapor as long as possible in your lungs before exhaling and no clouds will come out. Also very handy at the cinema, restaurants and on the airplane.

Sue, DonToni and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Masselkopp

Masselkopp Member

I agree, that it is good to think about dos and don'ts. But isn't it crazy that you have to hide if you want to live a healthier life?:no trust:

Rowdy, Sue, Siam Diesel and 1 other person like this.
  5. Konvict
    Relaxed

Yup, we are one of the worst criminals here in Thailand because we want to stay away from stinkies for our health and the health of our family and others (secondhand and third hand smoke). In Thailand e-cigs are almost public enemy number one and they do if it is the worst offense ever and they spend a huge amount of manpower and give misinformation in newspapers on it to let people stop vaping.

Rowdy and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Meckin

Meckin New Member

Vape freely at the Commons.... Many people even smoke weed at cafes within the Thonglor area... Pretty safe area for this kind of stuff.

7. thairak

thairak Well-Known Member

I use a cigarette lookalike, with the red light up tip from V2. using blank cartridges and my favourite juice.
    using it in a bar , or car.
    It does look so much like analogue, that in the bar, the girls often bring me an ashtray,
    a quick look from BIB should be the same. (I hope)

Rowdy, Sue and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

Dont's:
    Don't bring your Mods or expensvive vaping gears into the country, your may be checked twice. Take a cigalike for the flights and throw it away after landing in Thailand. You can buy locally.

Rowdy likes this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Hmmm, I think I'd put it in my pocket (which is what I actually do). Haven't had any troubles to date...knock on wood! :)

debatedude, Rowdy, Konvict and 2 others like this.
  10. kevin bangkok

kevin bangkok Well-Known Member

I suppose some folk use the express service at Swampy..might work.....................lol

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  11. Meckin

Meckin New Member

I just walked thought DMK with mine, BKK seems to check a bit more... DMK no one at the scanners, but if you're white and don't look like a hippy... It's likely easier, I never had to walk through the "no claim" scanners in 5 years of being here.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

I have had two encounters in the past week.

Yesterday I was in the Car park @ TESCO in Rayong and I see these great clouds coming from behind a car, when I checked it out it was a Thai guy vaping away without a care in the world for all to see.

In the Car park @ MAKRO in Pattaya there was this Thai lady vaping in her car, watching her she had 6 quick vapes then locked the car to go shopping.

Dont the Thai's care? Both of these were blatant neither were trying to hide their vape gear.

No Im not a serial car parker its I hate shopping so I stay in the car while Mrs Rowdy does the shopping plus plus some nice eye candy in the car parks.:completely forgotten:

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Konvict
    Relaxed

Most of them don't care. I have also seen them at the parking lots vaping huge clouds and even in front of the mall without the slightest fear.

Foreigners are probably the main target, but to be honest I don't have any proof to support that.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

From what I've seen on the Thai FB groups, the BiB are being very "equal opportunity" in their attempts to augment the Police Benevolent Fund. They're asking for ridiculous sums from Thais & Westerners alike. :(

Be careful out there, folks...carry the cheap stuff when you're out & about.
    :vaping: :vaping:

Konvict likes this.
  15. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

I think the Thais would care, I'm guessing they have just been fortunate enough not to encounter any of the BIB who are actually part of the Crusade, then they would care big-style I suspect.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.