1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Does sweet e-liquid attract ants?

Discussion in 'General Thailand E-Liquid Discussion' started by smithereens, Mar 22, 2014.

1. smithereens

smithereens Thread Starter Member

Does sweet-smelling e-liquid attract ants?

I'm a total newb. Just got my first juice (and battery and clearomizer) today. Deadly Sin smells pretty sugary, and I'm wondering if it while attract ants and bugs.

I'm a clean-freak, and I don't keep any food out at all. Surprisingly, I've managed to keep my condo ant-free for the last 2 years (didn't think that was possible here).

I've heard about steeping, and am guessing this means leaving the juice out with the cap off the bottle. I'd like to try it but at this point I'm thinking about keeping juice in the dtu-yen.

What have your experiences been like?

2. BadWingman

BadWingman Newbie

Good question and I have no idea. My current place is also one of the few ant free zones. I think I would put a drop or 2 outside where there are ants and see if they like it or ignore it.

I guess if you wanted to steep the bottles a bit with the caps removed then just sit them in a tray or saucer of water. 100% no problems with that.

Welcome to the forum btw - And if you don't mind sharing...What sort of kit did you buy. Deadly Sin is a great juice.

3. smithereens

Good suggestion about putting a drop on the ground to see their reaction.

I got the Vision Spinner and the iSmoka BCC Mega (both from Micky). Both seem fine for now, but I'm very likely going to upgrade before too long. As for *mizers, I want one with a glass tank. And for batteries, I'm thinking shorter and thicker might be better, along with a remaining-charge indicator of some sort. All in all though I'm very happy so far; especially with the fact that the only smoke I had today was the one I had between waking up and getting my package.

4. BadWingman

BadWingman Newbie

Not a bad setup straight off the bat. I battled with those horrible plastic E-go tanks and a couple of equally horrible cheap CE4's before I threw the lot in the bin after day 3.

2nd time around much better.

Shorter and thicker...Itaste 134 mini might suit. It does voltage display but only in colored LED form. The SVD has a few more bells and whistles such as LCD display with batt voltage, ohms etc. Not bad in short batt form. Fairly long in large form.

5. monkey

monkey New Member

Yes is does

6. smithereens

ขอบคุณครับ

7. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

ขอบคุณครับ = Thanks

English only please :vaping:

8. smithereens

Gotcha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Are_we_there_yet

Are_we_there_yet New Member

I'm glad someone asked this question as I was wondering the same.

I feel a lot better now I see others are serious about keeping their places ant free. When my wife tells people about my hatred of ants walking all over the work surfaces in the kitchen they give me a look like I'm some sort of imbecile trying to push water up hill.

Just to make sure that my juice doesn't attract ants I've stored my opened bottles in an airtight container.

10. smithereens

Yeah, apparently ant-freedom is possible here. I'm proof of that. I've gotten the same reactions from thais also. The ants I don't even mind so much, but the cockroaches I f***ing hate (who doesn't?). But I'm a minimalist person and I like to keep my home neat and clean all the time. It works for me. Haven't had an ant in 2 years, and only a couple of stray, lone cockroaches but those have been rare isolated incidents. Oh god, I just realized how odd the word "incident" sounded right there. I'm just picturing condo security on their walkie-talkies, "Alpha-niner, we've got an incident on the 21st floor. Requesting backup. Over".

A few years back, I stayed in a different condo for a year and managed to keep that mostly ant free also. Now and again though, I'd wake up and find about a thousand ants invading my kitchen. I'd take a vacuum cleaner to them and then put out those little plastic ant-bait cartridges. Seemed to do the trick just fine, but eventually they'd re-appear (usually a few months later).

As for storage, I have a large air-tight tupperware container that I keep everything in (juices, kanthal, spare parts, various tools, etc.). I don't leave bottles open outside except for sometimes I'll leave a few new flavours open for awhile while I'm rebuilding coils, or having a long vape session at the table. Doing this a few times along with shaking often and breathing the bottle brings out the flavour just fine.

11. BadWingman

BadWingman Newbie

The best bait/poison I've found is this pictured. Used to use the same stuff back home but available here in a different bottle/brand. The little buggers take it back to their nest and it kills them off. Of course they may reappear as Smithereens said. Only takes one to go back and tell his friends of a new place to create havoc.

Hate cockroaches more also. Last night sitting at the bar when a whole s**t load of them came out of the water drain in the soi. Must have had a rat chasing them..

terro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014