1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Does flying affect your palette?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by demonboy, Sep 21, 2016.

1. demonboy
    Devilish

demonboy Thread Starter demonic

After returning to Thailand from the UK last week I've been suffering from vape tongue. Thinking it was the new juice I picked up I switched back to my crappy Malaysian juice without much difference in flavour. Every juice tasted watered-down. I tried all the recommended remedies from lemon juice, sniffing fresh coffee, scraping my tongue, switching to menthol, changing wick/coils and anything else I could think of. I was convinced, however, that this had something to do with my sinuses.

Every morning since returning I've been a bit bunged up. Not snotty or anything, just the usual jet-lag tinnitus and groggyness. I'm now almost over my jet-lag and this morning my taste appears to be returning. Is this a coincidence?

I've tried searching for this possible cause on the internet but all search results return articles on flying with vaping gear and/or smoking on planes. Since this forum is used by farangs who possibly fly frequently I wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem? Is it a known thing?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Never experienced anything like this and I fly frequently for business.

How many juices are in your daily rotation?

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Konvict likes this.
  3. demonboy
    Devilish

Are they long-haul flights? Mine was thirteen hours. No problem going to the UK but jet-lag is always more severe coming west to east. I'm not suggesting this is going to happen every flight but the jet-lag has been pretty bad this time round.

I vape a lot of different juices every day, and not all from the same manufacturer. I switch between sweets, fruits and tobacco.

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Haven't done long haul in a couple of years...mostly intra-Asia flights.

Did you have the same problem when you arrived in the UK from Thailand?

Sent from my P3 Ti...

5. demonboy
    Devilish

No, but I didn't have any jet-lag going that way. It was a 13 hour night flight so I slept and was able to hit the deck running when I landed in the UK.