1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Do you bother to boil your cotton before using it?

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by haybilly, Dec 3, 2014.

1. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Anyone got any good local sources for Rayon? Buying from Ebay-the postage seems to work out to about double the cost of the rayon.

2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

LOL!
    **Updated**
    Don't think there are any local sources but some folks here may have some excess they can spare you. I bet some members will also bring some excess to the vape meet late January. Meanwhile, you could always order some with another person and split the costs. Shipping may be more than double but at least the product itself is super cheap relative to what you are getting. There are 40 ft, 500ft and sizes in between. I think the 500ft is like less than $15 USD.

3. haybilly
    Paranoid

I saw 40 foot for about $7 Then $14 for postage. Mind you, 500 foot for $15 sounds waaay better.

4. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the commercially-made atomizers have for a wick? I wonder if they have anything better or not (although I'm thinking probably not).

5. haybilly
    Paranoid

As far as I'm aware is Japanese Cotton.

David in Bangkok likes this.
  6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Silica for the most park I think but times are changing. I've only used a few Clearomizers.

7. haybilly
    Paranoid

I thought P Busardo was quoted as showing Japanese in a kanger? Or am I totally mistaken?

8. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

I used japanese cotton and rayon which are both great wicking and gives a great taste. Now I have got some material from my supplier in Europe ( I usually buy my DIY liquids and wire ect from Europe ) It is a new product called Fiber freaks. This stuff beats the japanese and the Rayon in both taste and vapor and it is so easy to work with. It comes in densities - one is like cotton and the other is like the jap cotton in sheets. i buy this at pinkmule in spain.

9. haybilly
    Paranoid

Sounds interesting but I would need to know what it was before heating it up and inhaling it-the name itself is a little 'worrying', to me at any rate-I'm trying to go down the more natural route, hence the Japanese cotton and this sounds synthetic. I could be wrong.

10. Rick O-Shea

11. haybilly
    Paranoid

Thanks Rick-shows how much I know, or don't. Seems nice.

12. Rick O-Shea

Japanese cotton/Rayon/Organic cotton in that order is plenty good enough for me.

13. haybilly
    Paranoid

I think that's my list also-just got a couple of bags of Jap . Cotton from Muji-and now they're out of stock again-brilliant system, not.

14. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

It's nothing more than way over-priced cellucotton. I think maybe they have different densities ahci I guess could effect wicking but you can easily control that yourself with the regular stuff. I can almost guarantee its not going to wick or taste any cleaner than the cheaper stuff....that is unless maybe you have difficulties getting the density right with the cheaper and this overpriced stuff happens to be the exact density you need but that would probably just be down to luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Wattsons have a half price deal on for a box or natural unbleached cotton, It dosent bother me too much where my cotton comes from but I liked the look of the nice square pads to cut into strips lol.