1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

DNA200 Pre-heat

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Lotta, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Lotta

Lotta Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I am still learning my way around E-scribe and the DNA200. I need a little help from the veterans. Is there a way to have the pre-heat setting active when not in TC mode? What I'm wanting to do is have the device start at 100 watts for 1-2 seconds and then drop to a lower wattage. I haven't see a way to do it or trick the device into doing it and haven't had any luck in finding an answer. I have some 24/28 claptons that take a while to heat up but get hot quickly once they are going. I know this was available in some of the older SMOK products but I never thought it would be useful until I started playing with these bigger claptons.

2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I don't think it possible. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I was shocked that this feature wasn't available. There are numerous improvements that could be made to the DNA 200 if Evolv showed some interest.

4. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

In power mode no you can't haved a pre heat, which is very unfortunate.

5. Lotta

Kind of a bummer. I'm sure that the DNA200 could do it. It already does in TC so Evolv would just need to enable it for power mode in E-scribe. Maybe not enough people have requested the feature so Evolv has never done it. I have seen numerous requests to have the ability to swap power and temperature settings in TC mode on the main screen and they haven't made that available either. It's not a problem of if the board or software can do it, it's just if and when Evolv will make the changes to E-scribe.

6. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I now it's not quite what you mean but strictly speaking you can go to power mode by going in to temp change and going as high as you can in F I think it is and then after 600F it goes to off. That puts you in power mode. I agree that a preheat on power mode would be nice but then it needs to be changed every time the coil is changed. Otherwise if the preheat is too much then there is a risk of burning the wick every puff as iy would run to the set times in escribe and not auto adjust before it got to the point of damaging the wick. I'm sure it could be done though.

7. Lotta

Yeah. I agree with the coil change. But if you are using the same build in the same atty, it wouldn't hurt to use one of your profiles for it and if it's not right you can change back to regular power mode easily. Options, man, options. :very good:

8. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

Evolv say they have been bussy moving to a new location for their factory, but that have been going on for a long time. They have promised t soon release a new upgraded firmware for the DNA200 and there are many different request. One is the ability to change the temp direct on the mod instead of the power and some have also suggested the preheat option in power mode, so I am also looking forward to get the new firmware and so are many many DNA200 owners, so lets hope they soon come out with something, because they have been very quiet the last couple of months, soon the Chinese are going to overtake them if they dont get their act together and to a much better price, just se what Joyetech have done to there TC mods lately.

9. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

They have made some pretty nice mods but their chipsets are, IMO, a far cry from the quality of the DNA200. Still, they are only one good firmware revision away from potentially fixing them and getting at least somewhat closer. Will they do it in the next version? I am hopeful but at the same time pretty skeptical.

The Chinese are going to keep catching up by way of copying and actual innovation but I don't doubt Evolve will, at minimum, be right in the mix. I for one would welcome improvements no matter where they come from. Less expensive ones to boot? Right-on!

Siam Diesel likes this.