1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

DNA 40 boards stil giving problems

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Well my VF is finaly on its way home, not sure if it will have this update or not. I wont be using it though.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I hadn't checked out any forums but am not surprised about the comments. Along the same lines as my "flip-side" note in previous post.

3. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

Evolv may well have a serious problem if Yihi crack TC and give the customer what they want at a far lower price point.

4. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

The person who cracks temp control needs to do it with kanthal...then we will have a winner

5. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

From what I've read, the composition of kanthal and other coiling materials makes temp control very difficult. I think I remember reading or hearing something like, using kanthal as an example, different manufacturers use different ratios or grades of metals making it up so it's not as predictable. I think there's also something about the low resistance of Ni200 that's of benefit to temp control.

I wish it wasn't the case because kanthal is easier to work with and not as finicky and sensitive to resistance and electrical connection matters. If somehow they could pull it off and do it well, you said it, it would be a winner!