1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

DIY MOD - I broke it.....

Discussion in 'Modifications and DIY' started by Frayedmind, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Frayedmind
    Happy

Frayedmind Thread Starter Well-Known Member

So, I got a non regulated mod, dual batteries and was working like a dream. I must say this was built for me. So DIY mods are like spiders webs and witchcraft . I don't know what happened. But to cut a long story short... I inserted one battery the opposite way. Yep.. Doh. (so i really do know what happened)

I freaked out and chucked it at the floor whilst it was smoking, the batteries luckily sprung out and low and behold. Its dead.

So where do I go from here? Any advice.

The batteries work but surely they are damaged?,

but the mod don't fire, and so it shouldn't.

Can I bring it back to life. Hubby has soldering skills but, to be honest. Where do I start?

Kindest regards in advance.

Feel silly posting this but i'm gutted about the mod, as it was super cool.

FMind :*(

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Be useful to know which mod it is, or even a picture
    I'd throw away the batteries for sure
    As for the mod, need to know more about it

3. Frayedmind
    Happy

Frayedmind Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hey V,
    give me a sec and ill get some photos, it was 3D printed by a member here. brb
    **Updated**
    this is a photo (non original but same print), I cant find the mod to hand at the mo. But looks identical (with sliding door) was printed by a fellow member here, and was also featured as a DIY build by said member on this forum. Yet I cannot find it. Will get the mod in the morning and take some photos along with the damage. Thanks again! FMind.

FPG1T0DI4UNMMQ2.RECT2100.jpg

4. george-oks

george-oks Member

**Updated**
    The batteries will be damaged so do not use them. damaged batteries are a potential bomb.
    Get yourself a regulated mod.

5. Phil_1975
    Fine

Phil_1975 Phil

Guessing you fried the MOSFET chip, hard to say for sure as no picture of the internals.
    **Updated**
    I have attached a wiring diagram of a basic series box with a MOSFET, which is a common design (8.4v). Yours could be parallel which would be 4.2v. MOSFET chip would be the same with either battery setup.

Also here is a link to a MOSFET already partially wired up with a resister in place for ease: Mosfet Board

mossfet.jpg