1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Danger of Vaping with Nickel Wire (Ni200)

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, Jul 7, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

a_spirit, oil and Moog like this.
  2. Moog
    No Mood

Moog Well-Known Member

Very interesting and concerning, especially for people with an NI allergy. Thanks for sharing.

BuzzSamui likes this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Interesting...wonder why he turned off comments for the video on YouTube? Will keep an eye on the DNA-TP FB Group to see if there's any discussion on this.

4. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

wondering about that since i first heard of temperature devices cause my exWife always had a nickel allergy, and i knew from that time that a shitload of people did had this
    **Updated**
    this thread should be sticky for a people which wanna try out temperture control devices

a_spirit likes this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

There's a lot of talk on social media about this video...basically, it's not being taken too seriously due to the lack of science/empirical evidence. The Ni200 wire doesn't get hot enough to create the compounds he's worried about...and people with Ni allergies have posted that they have no reactions when they're vaping with Ni200 wire so there's little evidence of any nickel leaching into the vapor.

But as with all things like this, each person has to do their own research and make their own decision whether vaping with Ni200 is something they want to do.
    :vaping: :vaping:

.patrick likes this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

a_spirit, flem and Moog like this.
  7. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

still vote for sticky this thread,
    cause the explanations from Brandon @ eVolve
    are still way too thin, facts are that nickel heaten up to body temperature does give the people with nickel issues a hard time, hence i vote for sticky, so that every person could decide from themself after they watched the video

a_spirit and haybilly like this.
  8. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

done

a_spirit likes this.
  9. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I must say that, having missed this video when posted in July--I was back in UK and not on TV so much, I still find what he says to be interesting enough for me to feel uncomfortable using Ni200 wire, just at the moment, coupled with the fact that I have yet to fully understand the correct way to use Temperarure Control; I am hoping that the projected possibility of having Temperature Control with Kanthal A1 is on the near horizon.

10. .patrick
    Angelic

.patrick Seasoned Vaper

Has anyone come to a conclusion on vaping w nickel?
    I've heard of this a while back and came to the same conclusion as Siam Diesel.
    I'm currently using tempcontrol (dual 28guage 10wraps) and I still wonder about it at the back of my mind.

Siam Diesel likes this.