1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

D.I.Y. Juice

Discussion in 'E-Liquid Reviews' started by chiangrai, Dec 7, 2013.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

So i guess if you wanted to vape zero nic you just use the VG/PG and add flavour?
    I've never mixed before..lol...

2. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

Yup:beer:

3. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

Give that 69 mod you got from Greece and I'll make you a batch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

:very good::vaping:

5. chiangrai

chiangrai Thread Starter New Member

Fruitlover,
    If you look at my recipe at the start of the thread I used Mickys 50bht 18mg eliquid as a base,it's cheating I know but it's my first mix at it's really convenient.

6. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

What flavor did you use?

7. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

Good question. I never thought of that, but now you mention it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

8. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Running the numbers here, I'm thinking about buying 500ml of 200mg/ml base to bring back with me, costs about 1500 baht. 100,000 mg of nicotine. At 18mg, that will make me 5.5 liters of juice. If I cut down to 12mg/ml, 8.3 liters, 6mg/ml would be 16.6 liters of juice. Not bad for a water bottle in my checked baggage.

My wife's friend is here right now, she's going to be house-sitting for us. Masters in Chemistry from Chula. Shes going to get me some Bromythymol Blue and .12N Sulfuric acid locally I believe from Merck (for testing nicotine levels) as well as the hardware (graduated cylinders, pipettes, etc.) PG, VG, and flavorings can be had from Chemipan, and I'm thinking she can source me the other chemical flavor additives I may need after a while. Looks like DIY is possible in Thailand after all.

I can't even wrap my head around how long 5 liters of juice would last me. You figure a liter would cost around 6000 baht from MBV, and they're one of the cheapest out there. :chinrub:

9. chiangrai

I used feelife cappuccino and chemipan mocha,
    Tastes great.

10. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

I've worked it out that with the following ingredients:

VG, PG, flavouring and menthol crystals from Chemipan, and 236 ml of 32mg Nicotine from MBV.

I can make a liter of 6mg nic of any flavour with or without menthol for 1,150 Baht!

That's 115 Baht for 100 ml

Or for the standard 30ml bottle that many of us get, it works out at 34 1/2 Baht!

and this is all from ingredients that can either be sourced form Thailand or can be shipped for a nominal cost form MBV.

BTW. Cleaned out my Kayfun this morning, put in a new cotton wool wick, changed to cinnamon roll with the whole stainless assembly and again, she vapes like a champ.

I'm starting to get the feeling the Kayfun is the best model for dummies like me.

11. YeOldeOke

YeOldeOke New Member

Want to have a go at diy juice, but the nic is the problem. Can get 1 litre 10% (that's 100mg?) for $70 + $30 shipping from China. What do I do with that much nic? That's about 5 litres of juice. Same problem as Ryanmacl.

At approx. 20ml/week that should last me until.... ummm... I'm dead??

We need some teamwork here.:good idea:

12. chiangrai

Hi Fruit lover,
    So you get 100ml for 115bht.With my method I get
    100ml for 180bht.
    Well done mate,but you're method is far more complicated than mine and you seem much more chemically minded than me.
    It would be a lot of learning,which I don't have the time for,for me to do it your way.But it was very interesting to know your story all the same.

I would do a 100ml bottle in 6 weeks between my wife and myself.How long would it last you

13. YeOldeOke

YeOldeOke New Member

Need some - I dunno - advice here.

Want to get some of that PG & VG. What worries me is that it is apparently food grade, not pharma grade? The USP is just a general standard.

How did you guys find it to be? Anybody vaped the stuff yet?

Suppose it can't be a whole lot worse than most of the cheaper juices being sold.

14. chiangrai

The VG is smooth and emits fog.
    The premium mocha is delicious

15. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

Thanks for your compliments Chiangrai.

I think I use a about 8 ml of juice per day. It probably has a lot to do with using the i30s. So, I'm hoping that with he Kayfun, it will go down to about 5 ml / day.

It's not really that technical. All you need to do is get the free program Juice Me Up.

you just add a few of the parameters like, you percentage of VG and PG and how much nic and it will calculate everything for you.

The program even had a few hundred different recipes to choose form.

Try it out, mate. It's a lot of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

when I get my juice making process up and running I will send you a free bottle of my mocca and you can compare the difference.

What mg nic do you vape at?