1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Could you please explain the use and utility of temperature control?

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Axel, Nov 17, 2015.

1. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Well-Known Member

So when you lock it at 40 watt, it will produce the same amount of vape as it would in vw mode?

2. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Thed amount of vape will depend on the size of your coil, i.e. gaige wraps and ID, and the temperature you set it at in temp control. Once at temperature it will reduce the watts to only what is required to keep the coil at temperature. In power mode it supplies the set watts and keeps supplying the same amount regardless of how hot the coil gets.

JohnKalasin and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Axel

Axel Thread Starter Well-Known Member

In TM, I am regulating the flavour and amount of vapour by changing the temperature value, the wattage value is just changing the time needed to obtain the needed temperature. For example, if the wattage is too low, you won't get the needed temp and if it is too high, you will reach so fast that the mod will immediately stop the heating because the needed temp is instantly reached. So, finally, I have chosen 40W just by experience after various tests.

JohnKalasin likes this.
  4. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

That's in line with my experience, too, Axel. At high wattages in particular at 75 W it tends to just off after the initial ramp-up, and then all what is there is a cold unpleasant vape, or eventually no vape. At least mine does that. That's another quirk with the eVic Mini. It seems connected with the pre-heat shot being too much, as PBusardo's demo'ed on his oxscilloscope.

I personally adjust the TC wattage to a value which is similar to the wattage I would use in Power Mode, a few watts higher. That's still giving enough pre-heat and prevents the device from "overbreaking".

JohnKalasin likes this.
  5. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

Thanks guys. Only tried VW and BP mode on my Evic VTC mini.. Now I'm vaping Nicrome, 0.25r 8 wraps. Rewicked today, and I can chain vape at 60watts with no dry hits and nice and warm vapor.. Think I got the wicking perfect this time..Love my OBS cirus can't wait to try it out in TC mode with SS316

6. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

As I haven't tried TC mode on my evic yet, will the tc mode prevent any dry hits? Will it detect if the coil/cotton has any juice on it?

Cant wait to try this TC out...

As far as I know the more volt and the less resistance you have on you coil, the lesser volt it takes to fire it, and it gives you more watts?
    And the less volt the cooler the coils gets?

I have been vaping in bypass mode at 92 watt, even thou the mod is a 75watt mod? 20160228_194638_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Edit:

This was just a test.. I could vape the battery flat if I wanted.. The watts are dropping fast.. And the amount of vape I get in power mode on 45 watts is about the same amount I get on 90 watts

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  7. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

In bypass mode the lower the resistance the higher the amp draw on the battery and the higher the watts applied to the coil. This is regulated by the volts straight from the battery so as the battery colts go down the amps and watts go down and the cooler the vape.

In regulated power mode the watts are set by you and the mod supplies the required volts to the coil for it's resistance to get the necessary amps and watts you have set. With a regulated mod in power mode generally buck and boost chips move amps and volts around to get higher wattage than normally available from the battery and resistance of coil. Not surre on how that bit works though.

If you take a look at an ohms law calculator it will clarify the relationship between Amps Volts Watts and resistance.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

The eVic Mini will regulate the power down and show temperature protection message. I have never ever got any dry hit, and I don't want one based on what I read.

Forget about that cotton burning thing, it does not matter a bit. I am not long enough a vaper to know how this came into the world. The one and only reason for temperature control is ensuring the safe, smooth and even vape that you have adjusted and that you like.