1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cotton Puff

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by moonoy93, Mar 7, 2017.

1. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Just purchased some Puff Cotton from Japan....

Absolute superb stuff.... wicks like a dream, and a lot better than previous cotton,I've bought and 200 pads for about 220THB. (free P&P).. bargain -IMO..

I bought from Amazon UK, but from 'Amazon.com,' they do ship to Thailand...

It takes about 3-4 weeks to arrive....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Amazon.com : Selena Organic Cotton Puff Size M (200Pc) 2pcs Set : Beauty

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Worth a try at the price. My wicking has got better, so maybe time to move on from the wife's "Ambulance Brand".

Siam Diesel, debatedude and moonoy93 like this.
  3. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

Just ordered this to see if any difference from the Muji I have been using. Probably the same stuff but who knows? So cheap it is worth a try.

moonoy93 likes this.
  4. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

vaping cotton is normally:
    "Made of 100% cotton that has not been chemically treated, bleached or pigmented....etc..."
    the difference in the prices comes maybe of that.
    I'm not sure that using puff beauty cotton instead of puff vape cotton change the test of your vape but
    I'll have a look at google.

withering treatment : chlorine or oxygen look to be the main difference

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  5. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

A question I see posted around a lot is if one Japanese cotton is organic and another isn't. If it is 100% cotton then by definition it has to be organic. Cotton grows in the ground. It is a plant.

I have both Muji 100% cotton and some repackaged Koh Gen Do with the UD package label. It is impossible to see a physical difference. I saw one video where a guy claimed the Koh Gen Do has better flavor than the Muji. I don't believe it. I have both and cannot tell any difference unless I force the test by using different builds.

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  6. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

organic certainly mean no genetically modified or no pesticide etc... (bio) or both. As you write, concerning vaping (coils), I don't really understand while organic cotton should have a better test than non organic cotton.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

I know I am going to get flamed for saying this, but there is no mass production of cotton without the use of pesticides. The word organic technically only refers to the fact that something is naturally grown as in a plant.

There may be some secret group carefully producing special cotton in a green house for vaping consumption without using any pesticides. I haven't seen any such claims.

Fastoche, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Maybe...but cotton isn't always white when it comes out of the ground...it gets bleached. Maybe some of this "organic" cotton hasn't been bleached...personally, I don't care. :)

Konvict likes this.
  9. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

You are correct. A lot of cotton is treated after growing this may include bleaching. Koh Gen Do and Muji are untreated and unbleached after they are picked. That is why you can still see cotton seeds in the pads.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

Chodi and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Same with Puff, I can see cotton seeds in the pads....

I bought Puff Cotton, after seeing recommendations of a Poll on another vaping forum,
    regarding which wick, they use..

jpr likes this.
  12. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Just started using cotton this week after years using fiber freaks. Had to try cotton as Fiber freaks stops production.
    Was a bit scared to change my habits but very satisfied with cotton bacon v2 and native wicks platinum blend.
    As you might know more than me about cotton, is it ok to use "normal" and so much cheaper cotton pad to vape ?
    No bad taste ? Not more dry hits ? As easy to wick ? Same heat resistance as "vaping cotton" ?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  13. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

It is certainly ok to use japanese cotton pads unbleached. You may have noticed that many reviews online use them. The only cotton I have found to be different in heat resistance is Kendo Gold. It is denser and will resist burning more so than others. It also is a bitch to wick properly. If you prime it a lot and pulse it several times you can get it right on many atomizers. On some rta's I have never been able to get it to work. Japanese cotton pads always work but do need to be replaced more often than Kendo when you can get the Kendo to work. Some have told me that Kendo is particularly great for rda's but I have no experience with that. I use the cotton pads most of the time and have no problem with flavor.

jpr, moonoy93, Tibo and 2 others like this.
  14. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Hi Chodi,
    Thanks for your very useful answer. I will give Japanese cotton pad a try.
    Cheers.

15. MechBuilder

MechBuilder Member

Good info, I will have to try this. So far I only have used natural wicks, easy to work with because it comes in a roll.

I hear that there is also hemp wick that can be used as an alternative to cotton, anyone ever use it?

moonoy93 likes this.