1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Conversion of RX200 to DNA200 and replacement of 510 connector

Discussion in 'Modifications and DIY' started by dl12345, Mar 4, 2016.

1. dl12345

dl12345 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Shortly after this RX200 mod, I ended up buying a a Wismec DNA200. Well, after almost a year with it, the 510 connector stopped being spring loaded and stayed stuck in the down position, which played havoc with resistance. Being the intrepid modder I am, I decided to use my RX200 spare parts and the lessons learned from this project.

Happily, I didn't need to rewire as the wiring is (mostly) ok - the important power-carrying wires are large enough gauge. So I took the black middle part of the RX200 that I had already modded, the face place, battery sled and battery cover from the DNA 200 in gunmetal gray and got to work.

I took the base of an old 22mm atomizer and drilled it out to 10mm so it can fit a FDV v4 510 and raise it high enough so that it doesn't impinge against the PCB. I then fixed the 510 in with two nuts, one to the top part of the mount and the other between the mount/510 and the case. This left enough space to raise the 510 sufficiently.

Then I had to file away the top of the battery sled slightly, although not nearly as much as the RX200, so the battery sled is still intact. Everything fits in - just. There's not a millimeter to spare and the ground and positive wires need to be placed very carefully so as to allow the 510 connector positive pin to move, as the battery sled exerts pressure against the wires and also to allow the board ground to be connected to the battery negative terminal. In the process I also fixed a stray wire from the bottom board + out that was about 1mm away from the case, a short waiting to happen.

So without further ado, I'm pleased to present my bastard child of a RX200 and DNA200 with a FDV v4 510 connector.

1. Here's the 22mm mount

DSC08127.jpg

2. The RX200 middle casing

DSC08132.jpg

3. The 510 fitted and wired

DSC08139.jpg

4. The mod to the DNA200 battery sled

DSC08141.jpg

5. Battery sled fitted image #1

DSC08147.jpg

6. Battery sled fitted image #2

DSC08149.jpg

7. The finished bastard child. I definitely prefer this colour scheme

DSC08150.jpg

Rick O-Shea, samui and Siam Diesel like this.