1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Conversations, E mail alert and replies

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Site Feedback and Help' started by -V-, Aug 16, 2017.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Just a quick one to all members.

When using the Conversation part of our Forum with other members most of us have our settings set up to send us an E mail alert.

The e mail alert is an automatic mail from our Thailand Vapers e mail address only.

What I am finding is that members are then 'replying' to the e mail alert via their own e mail they received it under, instead of via the Conversation within this Forum.

So therefore your reply is coming to 'the Forum's e mail address' e mail and not to the actual member.

Please try to remember this and reply via the Conversation within the Forum.
    If you really wanted you could change your settings so you don't get the e mail alert then you won't forget and by mistake e mail any replies to me.

Any questions just ask
    Cheers
    V

2. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

V, I have sent you two or three emails but never received a reply, do you get them?

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

It's easier to start a conversation with him on here... ;)

upload_2017-8-16_11-21-59.png

4. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

Sorry. Yes. That's where I tried. In the conversation section. That's what I meant by email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. -V-
    Cool

Just a quick bump for everyone with the Thread as I am still getting e mails from members who reply to Conversations via their e mail instead of the Conversation section on this Forum.

The latest one actually was with personal bank account details including account numbers and full names...
    Obviously safe my end but always best to keep things such as that between whoever you're dealing with really....

jpr, Siam Diesel, judas and 2 others like this.
  6. -V-
    Cool

Quick bump and sticky for our new members....

7. -V-
    Cool

Another Bump.

When you use the Conversation feature on here and you receive an e mail saying you've got a reply, please reply via the conversation NOT via the e mail.

Thailand Vapers e mail which is linked to this software will then receive the e mail not the person in the conversation.

So example, @ajarn your reply to @Serenity today was done via your e mail by the looks of it and not via the conversation part of this Forum, so instead of going to @Serenity it went to me via the Thailand Vapers e mail.

ALL Conversations within the Forum and software are confidential and personal and can NOT be seen my myself or other Staff members, BUT if replied via the actual e mail notice then I will see everything.

If you're still unsure of the above or how it works let me know.
    Thanks
    V

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. ajarn

ajarn Member

Worked that out after around 2 hours of no reply. Fixed it. Sometimes computers are confusing for old farts like myself...sigh...

Siam Diesel likes this.