1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Coils for OBS Crius RTA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by JohnKalasin, Jan 20, 2016.

1. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Anyone using TC mode on this tank?
    **Updated**
    Sweet spot at 3.67 volts with Nicrome 24g 6 spaced wraps.. No dry hits at all wicked with Watson cotton..
    Wonder how much lower i could go on this tank with sub ohm and a Dna 200..
    20160228_135637.jpg

2. Taengmo
    Twisted

Taengmo Well-Known Member

Just got the OBS Crius for my first RTA... I used the included coils to start with and it's vaping great! I like it much better than the Uwell Crown with prebuilt coils so far! DSC_0935.JPG DSC_0937.JPG

Siam Diesel and PaulSomeJoy like this.
  3. PaulSomeJoy

PaulSomeJoy Member

Its a great tank.I also use it on the same mod. Make sure you close the juice flow when refilling. Had a few accidents. Also make sure you don't lose an o-rings.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. etcyberdude

etcyberdude Well-Known Member

Is the mod evic Vtc mini? Nice display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. PaulSomeJoy

PaulSomeJoy Member

Yes

6. Taengmo
    Twisted

Taengmo Well-Known Member

I'm really liking this Crius RTA... The flavor has been super smooth and the juice doesn't get used up even close to as quickly as with the Uwell Crown. This is definitely my favorite tank by far!
    So far, the only downside has been the occasional juice popping sounds.
    Does anyone have a recommended coil diameter and number of wraps for a tank like this? I have 26ga 316L wire plus some unknown size wire that came with the unit.

PaulSomeJoy likes this.
  7. PaulSomeJoy

PaulSomeJoy Member

Mine pops as well. I run mine on bypass (mechanical)mode. Anything above 35-40w pops. I learned that if I close the juice flow just enough to allow a small amount of juice through keeps it from popping. Also it's the juice. Some 50/50 pops a lot.

My coil builds that I preferred is 26g kanthal and 2.0dm 5 wraps. Flavor is great and comes out between 0.30-0.34. I always get compliments on how well they taste my juice compare to their tank

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016
  8. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

Would you mind posting a close up photo of one of your coil builds on this RTA? I have one, and I do love the tank, however I find that the flavor is quite muted compared to other tanks I have. I've seen posts from others having the same issue and it seems the most suggested fix is to build as close to the posts as possible. I've gone so far as to use folded piece of paper as a spacer between the posts and the coil, same muted flavor.

I've used spaced coils and contact coils.
    26g Kanthal and 28g 316L (the deck is relatively tight)

I'm not clear about what I'm doing wrong here that is giving me different results from others.

9. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

From my experience with this tanks I found that micro coils pops at high wattage.. There can be many reasons why its doing this.

But from my experience I've found out that spaced coils around .25 8 wraps gives better flavor and if you wick it right. You wont have any pops/spitback..

This tank preforms better with spaced coils.

10. memphys

memphys Member

Is the airflow fully opened? Trying closing it off a little.

Agreed! Spaced coils are the way to go the Crius. Try using the scottish wicking method!

IMG_4264.JPG

Built this a while back. Dual 24ga SS Vertical coils. Was a complete bitch to wick, but loved the airflow from it.

11. jorakae

Fully opened, near closed, and everything in between, same result. I've just received my 24g 316L wire in today. If I get bored, I may try rebuilding it yet again.

Is it better for flavor to build it closer to the airflow or further away? Building as close to the posts as possible seems to have negligible difference.

jpr likes this.
  12. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I'd tend to think this atty is just not your cup of tea mate. I have tried several different builds in mine and all of them produced good flavour. The Aromamizer on the other hand...

13. jorakae

I truly appreciate every other aspect of this tank from the design/style, air flow, the top/side fill, and the deck seems reasonable enough to build on. The only thing I'm not getting out of it at the moment is flavor. How would you compare your Crius to something as simple as a Subtank? For me, there is a vast difference in flavor between the Crius (can barely taste the base flavor) and the Subtank (can taste and appreciate the minor flavor notes). I simply don't understand the dynamics that affect flavor enough to make either the appropriate adjustments or make purchases that meet my desires.

I've got the Aromamizer V5 on my wish list, but finding it difficult to move in to my cart at the $45 price tag.

14. vinay

vinay Well-Known Member

How do you wick the vertical coils? Does it end up choking the air flow.

Sent using tapatalk

15. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

Better flavor then The Aromamizer ?
    **Updated**
    Buy some Nicrome 24/26g and run it in power mode!