1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Coil Life Expectancy

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by byoung, Jul 19, 2014.

1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

From the looks of things, I'm going to get about a week out of my Aspire 1.8 ohm coils. Some people say coils, in general, will last a month, while others say about a week. What are members finding and is there a difference between one manufacturer and another?

I know this opens the door for I should be rebuilding, but I'm not ready for that and may never be. Right now I'm just trying to get a better feel for how things stack up with the replaceable coils.

2. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

thats basially a funny thing for me ...

on RBA / RDA my self built coils are pretty much good forever ... unless they are cloaked and must be dry burned, but a replacement coil is barely ever needed .... rewicking from time to time ... but recoiling actually not really needed ...
    so on RBA / RDA my guess is ever 2-3 months it needs a new coil ....

which makes me wonder ....

why Clearos do need so often replacement recoils ... i am not much experienced with clearos ... but i barely can say i ever had it that it stopped working most of the time i had a burned taste which forced me to replace it, so why the heck is that to begin with ... while self builts are good forever

3. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

There are many things in play here, the coils, the juice you are using and the power you use(volts/watts), it all all adds up to how long your coil will last, if you are using dark colored juice or sweet juice at high power the coils go bad quickly as the build up on the coil is alot faster with these juices.

:vaping:

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Which Aspire do you use?

5. byoung
    Cloud_9

Aspire BDC Clearomizer CE5

- - - Updated - - -

I am vaping a lot of darker and sweeter juices, all at 8 watts.

6. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

'I may never be' That's what I used to say before got convinced that I have to get into rebuilding. Believe me, once you have had an experience with RBAs and RDAs, you won't look back. Seems a little pain in the beginning, but once you are used to it............that's all you want.

NOT the pain, but the flavor and the clouds :)

It is worth it!!

7. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

Then a week for a coil sounds fine, some coils will clean better than others but will never be as good as a new 1 i think.:vaping:

8. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

In my case it I almost never got the burnt taste, it was that they used to get clogged up. I would inhale and almost no vapor while exhaling. That is irritating, because as an ex smoker I want to see some smoke/vapor. There is a way where you can extend your Clearo's coil life, by boiling them and hoping to loose all the gunk jammed up in the coil by the process (not for too long though). Think the reason why they don't work as long, is because the kanthal or whatever they use is way too thin and so is the body where everything is crammed up. That's why they tend to get all gunked up. Self builds have a much bigger area where we can use a much thicker kanthal and also can keep replacing the cotton.

9. byoung
    Cloud_9

The biggest problem for me is I have absolutely no understanding of what is involved with RBAs/RDAs.

What tank system do I buy?
    How much are they?
    Can this be done on a small tank, or only large?
    Who sells this stuff?
    What supplies and tools are needed?
    Do these systems work on the batteries I already have, or will I need all new mods?
    How often do the RBAs need to be rebuilt?
    How long does it take to do a rebuild?

And probably a dozen or so more questions that will come from the answers to the above.

10. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

For a beginner : buy a kayfun 3.1
    Depends if you buy it locally think in the range of THB 1200
    tank?
    You just need some kanthal, which also would be available from the local buyer at the price of THB 50 to 60 a meter, (You can make about approximately 5 coils in that, which will last you ages)
    To make a new coil to me, it takes about 3 minutes. I have seen Ryan do it in 30 seconds. The more you do, the faster you get . I still being a beginner take a longer time, but like I said I need to do it once in 2 to 3 months. I am not even half as good as the pro's here, just my input. I could be wrong............... :)

11. byoung
    Cloud_9

Micky sells it for 7900B. At that price I can replace coils for 10 months. :)

12. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

Buy a clone :grin:

13. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

I'd never pay for an original, just do what we all do and get the clones;
    Kayfun 3.1 (Clone 1:1) by Hcigar out of stock

14. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

He has original kayfun too :surprised:
    Buy a clone like mash said. Am sorry did not mention that, most of us here are using the clones which are as good or almost as good :)

15. byoung
    Cloud_9

OK...so this thing looks pretty big. I can see using it with an MVP, but not sure how it will do on a VV V3. If I'm out and about I'd prefer something much smaller. My guess is people have a mix of RBAs and replaceable coil systems, so they can have something smaller for away from home vaping.

I'm guessing there are You Tube instruction videos out there.