1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool Coil contacts relating to flavors and vapor

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by suudlor, Oct 5, 2016.

1. suudlor

suudlor Thread Starter Active Member

Okay, so the full question is shouldn't more coil contacts(larger coil ID, more wraps, more coils or more intricate coil build) results in more flavor and vapor?

However, I have personally tried a lot of coil builds on a lot of RTAs, RDAs and RDTAs to find out that more coil contacts doesn't just produce more vapor and flavor- given that both coils have very close ramp-up time. Sometimes, less wraps with the same ID produces more intense flavor and vapor under the same ramp-up time, air flow and wicking capacity.

Please enlighten me.

I've also included a picture of my 2.5mm ID Kanthal A1 Alien coil build on the Pharaoh.

[​IMG]

2. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

@suudlor

The general concensus, is that higher the power, the more intense the flavour...

So, to run higher wattage, thicker wire coils are required.....(Claptons,Hive,Alien)

In my opinion, I've never had a device than can run more than 40w... but for mine, the wicking type and technique is key... to flavour, not necessarily the coil...

I've now switched from Japanese cotton, to Cellucotton (Rayon) and also to Cotton Wool...as I find the flavour better...

I'm not keen on Cotton Bacon, but other vapers love it, everyone has different tastes...

There is also, the type of wire used, some vapers prefer Stainless steel,nichrome, titanium to Kanthal, I prefer Stainless, as it gives a cleaner taste...

I visited BigBypass, and I had a vape, on his device, and the vape experience blew me out of the water,
    I could taste every note, nuance of the liquid..., he uses Boots Cotton balls..

Maybe some guys who vape at 70w+ , can shed their opinion.....

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    farangmick likes this.
  3. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I use 24-22 gauge kanthal and Watson's organic cotton pads. As a mech mod user, that combo works great for me. Eight wraps @ 2.5 mm diameter and I am good to go.

On my box mods, I run the same set-up at 60 watts. Still great for me.

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm, I can agree that using higher power generally results in a hotter vape, increased juice consumption and the faster depletion of batteries, none of which appeals to me. :D

I vape in the 10-20 watt range and my juices taste just great! FWIW, I use 26 gauge Kanthal A1 @ ~1.2 ohm with Cotton Bacon wicking on my RBA/RDAs. :)

farangmick, moonoy93 and debatedude like this.