1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

clapton coils, look so easy

Discussion in 'Youtube Vaping Videos' started by jpr, Dec 24, 2016.

1. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Not sure I can do it, but look so easy.

2. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

First thing I noticed was a 24 minute video. If it took that long in the video for an experienced coil builder, it would likely take me 10x as long or more. Then I saw that power tools are involved and that means I would probably injure myself in some way. I took the easy way out and ordered these and these. For $10 and 52 pieces, that was a bargain deal.

Tokay, Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I used a cheap syringe with a hole cut into both sides near the end so the core wire could pass through, and fed the clapton wire through the nozzle, out the other end and attach it to the drill. I probably haven't explained it very well but it works excellently.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. jpr
    Cloud_9

it's what I feel
    Don't want to write first, I just fear you thing I'm crasy
    I use since one month SS wire used to cash rats ( just because my brother buy it to me, and I was wishing to test it), in a 20 Bath shop for 20 bath for many meters about 0.39mm (0.40mm) ss wire ; use it on drippers just wonderful, not dirty easy , and rebuild atlantis vertical coils (look much better than original coils).
    I just thinking the ss wire we buy are just over priced, and just come from a 100 meters or more rolls.
    you can argue there is many kinds of ss , that's right, but for a coil I don't know if it interfere ( maybe only if you're very bad nickel allergic)

5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

If you're using SS wire for temp control, it's helpful to know the actual composition of the wire so that the TCR can be set correctly in your mod.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

jpr likes this.
  6. jpr
    Cloud_9

thank you for you're advice,
    I enjoy at home (and learn a lot) since 4 or 5 months, simple drippers with different air hole systems and mech clones with good returns from the user;
    thank you a lot to the members for the many threads and posts about this subject.
    After time I feel something is missing with a lot of RTA. (there is some wonderful exceptions)
    As often said, we have all of us different ways of vaping
    Clear, with TC we have to know what we use. I have try, don't really understand, knows that the good mod shipset is important for the good vap, I have to read and test much more about TC.

Merry Chrismas to all

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Rick O-Shea

You're using rat catching wire? I haven't bought wire in BKK since I first started vaping (50B per metre), but even so, a metre would last me a year.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    jpr likes this.
  8. jpr
    Cloud_9

It was just a game an the opportunity to test the "rat catching SS 0.39 coils", not a question of money.
    it works because it should and a TC mod look it just as SS.

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  9. Rick O-Shea

Granted, wire here is/was way overpriced though.

jpr likes this.
  10. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

How does it work for you? The wire in the 20 baht shops always caught my attention. Might have to do a comparison one day just to satisfy my curiosity.

11. jpr
    Cloud_9

It's look ok for me (I still a newbie), I use .4 to 0.6 ohm single coil for drippers,
    Just rebuild a atlantis vertical coil, 2 weeks ego a .5 ohm for a atlantis, on TC mode with a istick 100, just ok (istick tc 100 accept SS 303 304 316 317) and should not be dangerous about 190 degree Celsius ( .5 ohm about 20/25watts).
    look (as we knows), not so durty easy than kanthal.
    Some people write than after SS they come back to kanthal, (more easy with double coils very low resistance ,I can believe that).
    For 20 bath, everybody can test, if not so happy concerning the style of vap, we can catch rats with ;-)