1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Chi You Clone and Oil

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by Dieter., Jan 24, 2014.

1. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

As some of you might already know i won the New years giveaway and one of the things in the giveaway was a Chi You clone. For me it was a bit exciting, since beside of a kamry e-cig 100 it was my first mechanical mod, with adjustments for the center pin, battery and airflow. After some playing around with it I got it to work and it worked ok with some of my atomizers. The only minus was that I was unable to use the locking ring, so when I placed it on the table, I placed a peace of cardboard between the locking ring and the firing button.

I tried several times unsuccessful to loosen the locking ring, and a week ago I tried to spray a bit of oil on it. Yesterday evening I succeeded to be able to unscrew the locking ring completely with the help of some pliers. I took the whole Chi you apart and sprayed all the outer threading's with some oil. Relax our member Oil is still around, I used some oil I bought locally, removed the excess oil with a tissue and reassembled the Chi You. What a difference it really made.

Now it's a lot easier to adjust the airflow, the threading's are now going really fine without using pliers, and the best of all, i can now use the locking ring, the way it is supposed to be used. It is not the first time i used oil on a mod. I had to do the same when i bought the Kamry e-cig 100. The locking ring also stuck and I had to use pliers to loosen it the first time, gave the threading a bit oil, and its now still working so good, 5 month later that i had nearly forgotten all about it.

I think this can be done to all mods that have problems with the threading. :grin:

2. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

a little oil always help, i use contact cleaner first to get all the old dirt and oil off, then i use wd40(thin oil on a spraycan), it is easy the wipe off where you dont want it.:vaping:

3. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

+1 :grin::grin::grin:

- - - Updated - - -

wasnt there some thread about that we shouldnt use oil cause its not conductive and rather something called Noalax are something allong the line?

4. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

Yup, but for me wd40 works fine....:vaping:

5. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Wd40 is actually a detergent, it does not lubricate, so I'm not sure how this will affect things. You're right about the noalox, it is conductive and stops oxidation, so you won't get voltage drop across a threaded area. The other issue was petroleum products breaking down due to heat, which might discolor your mod or increase voltage drop. Honestly, I don't think any of this is an issue for most people, but I'm having my sister send me some noalox anyway and maybe I'll bring it to one of the future meet ups and can hit up the threads for anyone who wants it. I have a feeling even the smallest bottle will last me my lifetime.

6. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

I never saw that thread Oil, I used something from Sonax called MoS2Oil, but at least my Chi You is just working fine after the "cure". :grin:

7. Nikosan

Nikosan Active Member

You definitely shouldn't use Wd-40. They are flammable and non conductive you'll have a bit of a larger voltage drop after you've added the oil. I live in the states so i don't have problem finding grease but i believe amazon sells NoOx don't know if it'll deliver but i use that on my mods. It helps with voltage drop and short problems on the mod. Since this is your first mech mod i recommend you don't over tighten anything on it. it makes for a pain to unscrew. Congratz on the chi you i own 3 myself, it's one of my best firing mods. be careful with the telescopic top pin it falls out sometimes when you unscrew the battery off so you have to make sure you don't lose it. Best of luck mate.