1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help Can someone tell me what this is called?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by SooKee, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I use several mods...1 for each tank, but I've been collecting a long time. If the mod has a 510 connector, it can be used with almost any tank that also has a 510 connector.

Since I don't go above 20 watts (the joys of MTL vaping), most of my mods are no longer being produced. ;)
    :vaping: :vaping:

jpr and SooKee like this.
  2. jEoHKT

jEoHKT Well-Known Member

What i'm really surprised is you have been doing MTL for so long. I started MTL and then went full lung inhale avg 5 sec draws in less than two weeks. :D can't resist those tasty vapourss

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Thread Starter Contented Single Coiler

Thanks. So there's no actual need to buy a 1-90w mod if the mod I have goes 1-200w, e.g. there's no actual benefit to using a mod designed only to go up to 90 in that they'll vape at 20 no better than a 1-200w mod?

4. jEoHKT

jEoHKT Well-Known Member

Not necessarily true. Who knows how long you will be vaping, it's nice to have the option readily available to you. And if you research a bit, most new mods that come out are 150w or higher, but nobody really vapes at 200w on a daily basis, but thats how companies make them now. A battlestar 200w with TC costs like 1,900b , thats not expensive, so why not. :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SooKee likes this.
  5. aging one
    Busy

aging one Well-Known Member

I use Pico, one for sub ohm she is called Melo, the other has the Nauty on her.... I have no need for super power mods. My Pico's go to 75 watts, once I cranked her up to 45 with a .30 coil and it was too hot for me. Easy small mod that is perfection. Two now for over a year and not a problem one.

With what is going on here in the LOS now you need reliability imho.

Siam Diesel, SooKee and jpr like this.
  6. SooKee
    Lurking

Very interesting. Thanks for the replies.

I'm using this mainly for a replacement for shisha and not very often at that maybe 1-2 times per month so don't want to over invest too much.

The Battlestar mod I have goes from 1-200w so at the moment probably no need to get another mod urgently (other than maybe for the fact that stocks seem to be depleting fast everywhere!).

Tanks wise. The Eleaf I have now is sub ohm and is OK albeit I really don't like the silicone airflow ring (it tends to bunch up and buckle rather than twist) but it's not like I have to change it often. The coils for it are cheap enough too and I have quite a few. It seems to Vape OK at 20w too.

Not sure I'll bother with more sub ohm tanks. The ones I've looked as at (TV8F variants etc) all seem to require expensive coils and again, stock seems thin on the ground. Using it the way I do I guess I won't need to replace them they often but it's still something to consider. I've read quite a lot about people getting away with using them as low as 20 but possibly is it's not ideal.

The Nautilus tanks look nice BUT from what I've seen so far they look to be more like MTL tanks, needing to be smoked like a cigarette. As I want a shisha replacement I think I need the DTL style which the Nautilus seems to not do.

As it is, given the Eleaf is good enough I'll probably stick with the Ammit 25 I've ordered and practice wicking it myself, maybe using pre-built coils at first then get some wire suitable for making low wattage coils and practice self builds to become more self sufficient. I think that tank coupled with a Peerless RDA (for more frequent flavour changes) will probably do me fine without the need for much more.

Posted using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

My only suggestion would be to get a spare mod. As you say, supplies are getting thin on the ground so might be an idea. Something cheap, Pico is very good but prefer the Smok AL85 as it can fit a larger tanks, I have both and always reach for the Smok. Sounds like you vape at relatively low wattages, so a single battery mod would probably do you fine. Apart from that, you seem pretty well set up.

Siam Diesel, SooKee and jpr like this.
  8. SooKee
    Lurking

Thanks very much. Will be ordering the Pico Kit I think. Better for me I think seeing as I prefer the Melo tank that comes with it with the different coils that can be used vs the slightly more limiting coil options for the Smok AL85 kit Tank. Plus, the Pico I can find stock for, can't for the AL85

I can always use the larger tanks on the Battlestar plus I can switch out the Eleaf 22mm tank I have to use on the Pico along with the Melo and keep the Ammit 25 and Peerless RDA for the Battlestar. Plus have two mods and tank sets for when my girlfriend fancies a different flavour etc and without having to pass the mod back and forth.

Will also work quite well battery wise. Use the two AWT batteries that came with the Battlestar as the 'singles' for the Pico and use the HG2s and Q30s as pairs on the BS. Job done. For now any way :)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Shouldn't be a surprise at all...I vape to stay off the ciggies. The Nautilus works well for me in that regard & it's a flavor monster (along with the Kabukis). Even better, it's relatively frugal on juice...the 5ml capacity of the normal Nauti would last me a full day (or more) if I vaped one tank non-stop (which I don't). Nothing else I've ever found can make the same claim...so I have no desire to change. YMMV :)

jpr and SooKee like this.
  10. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

heat sink i find them sort of useless just adds more weight to your setup. I guess if you vape high temps or on mec mods with RDA's they could be useful but with glass tanks low temps i dont see the point.

SooKee likes this.
  11. SooKee
    Lurking

Yeah. I canned it. Especially seeing it was such a bitch to get off! Not worth risking damaging the threading of the tanks.
    **Updated**
    Success!! Mr B has the Nautilus Mini. Winging it's way to me now. Now, stop, stop STOP buying!!!

Siam Diesel and Donkey like this.
  12. Slavun7
    Breezy

Slavun7 Vape for 3 years. Never smoked. Collected 6 sets.

Hey friend, is it eVic Primo 200W mod?

13. SooKee
    Lurking

Thanks for the heads up on the Nautilus! My Mini arrived today. Real beauty!! And the taste - like WOW!! Just trying some Horny Red Apple in it at 12w (with airflow open at on the second from smallest hole) and it's REALLY intense, much more so than the Eleaf iJust S. First use I forgot and it was set at 22w and got a bit of a burned taste, I'd left it sitting for 10-15 minutes (not seen yet whether it's a good idea to soak the coil directly first as with my other tank but the Aspire video IIRC just recommends filling and letting it stand) but I guess it might still be a semi-dry hit still, either that or 22w is too much. Looking forward to trying it on the Pico when it comes.

So good I might even order another one (girlfriend likes the style and it'll allow me to keep to separate juices going).

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Glad you like it! Another convert, @Konvict. ;)
    It's a great flavor tank...a lot of new vapers skip over it looking for the latest & greatest...big mistake IMO. :)
    It is a very good idea...I put a few drops in the 4 little holes on the sides of the coil (I've stopped priming via the top), then let it sit for ~10-15 mins. before firing it up. I vape the 1.8 ohm coils almost exclusively at somewhere between 10-12 watts depending on the juice. I like to "condition" a new coil by starting at 8.5 watts and taking a 3-4 hits, then increase progressively by 0.5 watts doing the same thing until I reach the final power level. I don't know if it makes any difference but I think of it as the break-in period.
    It's way too much! The Aspire recommended voltages are printed on the side of the coil...for the 1.8 ohm coil, they recommend 4.2-5.0 volts, which works out to 9.8-13.9 watts (Ohm's Law link). If you exceed them, I suspect that the coil life will suffer.

:very good:
    One is never enough! :D

SooKee likes this.
  15. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I am still using 2 Nautilus-X tanks, that I got when it was the latest edition from Aspire- I still think it's a great tank, but much prefer the 1.8 Ohm coil to the 1.5, or lower.
    Give it a try, it's sort of half way between MTL and Lung vaping.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    It's also perfectly possible to recoil the Atomiser, but these can be bought fairly cheaply anyway.

Siam Diesel likes this.