1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Calling All Nautilus Mini owners !

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by pierrev, Sep 4, 2014.

1. pierrev

pierrev Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I do love the Nautilus mini - no flavor like it... uhm for the first few days, and then it gets a gunky or burnt taste.

So in order avoid replacing the coils every few days - I thought perhaps I should do some maintenance. I tried putting it in 'a cola product' and it simply made the coils useless.

I also tried dry burning, but that leaves a permanent ash taste.

The only think that has managed to keep the burnt taste at bay - at least partially - is to run a piece of ear-bud directly into the large metal opening of the coil, above the wire mesh, and give the mesh a few wipes, until it comes out brown rather than black.

This I usually do once a day, and it does help to some extent. . .

However, I was hoping there is a more effective more successful method out there.

Any advice ??

:thank you thank you:thank you thank you:thank you thank you​

2. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

thx for that idea, so far i have to say as well that the Nautilus mini covers the best taste, cant explain why but the taste is way better then the big Nautilus
    however so far my coils holding up pretty good, still having the first coil in in mini since i guess 10+ refills

3. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Well-Known Member

what juice are you using in it ?

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

I've heard Vodka works well, soak them overnight, rinse them, leave the to dry and give it a go....

5. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

various ones, as far i recall it was
    Blueberry, ThugJuice, Cinnamon Roll, Hawk Sauce, Butterscotch, Deepfried Donuts
    most was DIY MBV mixed with 45 PG / 45 VG / 10 H2O

6. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I felt like I lost the intensity of the flavor on mine.. Probably time to change the coil.

I don't bother doing maintenance on these coils. I will just replace it. If I am out of coils, I'll vape with another clearo for the time being.

Sent from the future

7. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thailand Vapers Member

Yes, this works good for me. A couple of days before the Pattaya Meet-up I did the Vodka rinse on my BVC coil. I had my Nautilus Mini filled with GLV Southern Shine for some of the guys to try and they all agreed it was an "awesome" flavor which it is but it also shows the coil performed great. :vaping::very good:

Rowdy likes this.
  8. pierrev

Quick survey : How long before you change the coils ?

9. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

for the BVC coils still the first running in the Nautilus and in the Nautilus Mini, and i hope it stays this way for some time :D

10. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thailand Vapers Member

Great to hear but it doesn't tell us how long you've been running them. lol

11. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

true :D

12. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Well-Known Member

BVC #1 - Aug 6th
    BVC #2 - Aug 19th
    BVC #3 - Aug 27th
    BVC #4 - Sept 4th

* avg's out at a coil about every 10 days ...

*I'm yet to try the BDC re-built coil I got with the kit from Vapenquit.co.uk

(good idea from Scratchy I think it was - keep some sort of diary - I just use my desk diary to write on the dates i change coils, re-wick or re-build coils etc...)

13. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

I got 6 days from my 1st coil and 7 from my 2nd. Stating how many days a coil lasts isn't very informative though, the amount of juice put through it is a better indicator. I've been using around 6ml a day in my mini so atm I'm changing coils afterv36-42ml of juice.

At around 100 Baht a coil I really do not wait for a burnt taste etc. Once flavour / cloud production noticeably drops off it's time to change. :vaping:

N.B. Been using 70 / 30 pg / vg juice.

14. pierrev

Judas Im with you. I get around the same... maybe a little less.

I've ordered 6x5 packs from Fairy-Gift just this week. It works out cheaper at around $11 a pack. Shipping is free.

15. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

Ordered my first mini and coils from same place and will order more soon along with 5ml nautilus.

I've still got my 2 used coils and was thinking about throwing them in a pill box with vodka just to see how they go. I wonder if the wicking material would be effected by the vodka over a prolonged period if I was to leave them in there for weeks slowly adding additional used coils