1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Bringing juice and mods for personal use to Thailand

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Justin harrison, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Justin harrison

Justin harrison Thread Starter New Member

Hi. I'm coming to Thailand next week and am planning on bringing 300 ml of homemade e juice, my mod and 2 tanks. I brought similair amounts last year not hearing of this law and wasn't stopped because my bags weren't scanned on the way out. Where do I stand with this? If im stopped and searched?I don't want to have to smoke while I'm there really.

2. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

If you don't want to Vape it while you're there, then...... Why are you taking it?? Or, am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Anyway, to your question... The E Liquid should go in your Checked Baggage, you could put it in a Shampoo bottle but it should be OK. The Tank and the Mod, without battery again in the Checked bags, and the battery in the Carry On.
    Should be cool.

3. Justin harrison

Justin harrison Thread Starter New Member

I mean I don't want to have to smoke cigarettes if I can't bring my vape stuff. Vaping in Thailand is now illegal and can carry 5 years in jail or 10 if importing. Don't want to be stopped and searched and have a ridiculous fine to pay the corrupt police

4. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Understood,my mistake.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    To be honest, the bit about 5-10 years in Gaol is somewhat far fetched, the worst case would be confiscation, and then probably a 'fine' and probably they'd give your gear back.
    I doubt that anything would happen in truth.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Bantorvaper likes this.
  5. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

Hide it in your checked bags if you get busted play dumb. All will happen is take your gear away. You're a tourist you not supposed to know remember? Play dumb it works trust me :)

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

7. hotdogs1

hotdogs1 Well-Known Member

One of my regular motorbike taxi drivers tells me it's ok for falangs to have vapes but not for Thais. One in our favour for once.

8. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Well then it must be true.
    :wacky:

debatedude, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Two weeks ago I travelled through Swampy and CM airports with 2 mods, 4 rta/rda and about 300ml of juice all in big checked in luggage and no problems.

I am now being cautious about vaping in public

10. sah

sah Member

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

The video may work for the police...but it won't work for Customs as the import of anything vape related is banned.

Konvict likes this.
  12. sah

sah Member

Thank you once again for the Clarification Siam diesel :)

I love Thailand and try to visit atleast 3 times a year , usually bkk / pattaya / koh samui or phuket , usually use to carry a box with a lot of my vape gear , but now on my nest visit ( hopefully before year end or for new years ) will carry only 1 mod and maybe 30 - 60 ml of juice .. not a lot of stuff ... will also be as discrete as possible ...

all the best and thank you again for all the info you give us .
    god bless and warm regards .

Donkey likes this.