1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Bring eGo AIO as checked in luggage

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Sven Monet, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Sven Monet

Sven Monet Thread Starter Member

Is it okay to bring this vaping unit as checked in luggage? Are you supposed to bring it dissembled as carry on luggage? What do people do in Thailand?

You can't disconnect the battery from the tank/coil on this unit so I plan to drain the liquid and remove the coil for safety during the flight

2. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

Seems like the best option, you cannot put the battery into checked luggage. Recently i have only been travelling with cheap(ish) gear, kanger subvod pen style vape with a sub ohm tank, few spare coils and around 30 to 60ml of juice, Turn the battery part off, remove the tank and carry the whole lot in my carry on luggage, Never had a problem and i fly in and out every 4 weeks. Thats not to say i havent just been lucky tho :) My advise would be do not carry anything you couldnt live without as there is always a chance it could get confiscated.

Good luck.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

According to ICAO regulations, e-cigs with integral batteries may only be put in your carry-on luggage...not in your checked luggage. I travel with an Aio & have never had any trouble carrying it through airport security. ;)

I carry it fully charged & full of liquid...it helps to turn it upside down in a plastic bag in your pocket during ascent & descent...to prevent flooding the coil.

Anbessa and Konvict like this.
  4. Sven Monet

"I carry it fully charged & full of liquid...it helps to turn it upside down in a plastic bag in your pocket during ascent & descent...to prevent flooding the coil."

I would like to do the same so that I could use the unit upon arrival. I've never flown before with a vaping unit. If there is no problem with having it charged with liquid in carry-on and I just need to turn off the battery that's great.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

That's all I do...and a bit of stealth vaping in flight. :D

Anbessa likes this.
  6. Sven Monet

I would never vape during a flight. I just want to make sure there's no problem with airport security to have a couple of these a units and perhaps 60 ml of juice. Am I better of putting the juice in check-in luggage? I don't need it and would rather not have it with me as carry-on.

7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I've not had any issues with airport security...even when leaving TH or that small nation-state south of MY. If you don't need the juice while traveling, put it in your checked luggage. ;)

8. Jazz2017

Often I only travel with a back-pack and keep my juice and gear in it. max 60ml should be fine

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Sven Monet

My wife talked to our travel agency about this today. Agent said that Nok Air said you can bring it on as carry-on but you should separate the battery from the tank. I plan to bring two different units that are not the eGo so I can separate the battery.

I'll bring extra juice an coils in my check-in luggage.

Any thoughts on this?

10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I travel with an Aio...it has always passed the security scanners at Swampy. I would do whatever you're comfortable with...but if it were me, I'd take my Aio. YMMV ;)

Jazz2017 likes this.
  11. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

I travel with an almost empty tank and top up the liquid after take off bit just enough to have a couple vapes so it's empty again before the plane decents for landing. A little 10ml non or very light flavored bottle of juice goes in my mans purse. Women go to the toilet with there handbag as well so why man shouldn't :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Jazz2017

Update vapers. Yesterday I travelled into the LOS. With two devices. Three tanks three bottles of juice all 60ml six coils a bag of cotton and an ohm meter in my backpack. My bag was scanned twice because they saw something they wanted to look at. Turns out they only wanted to check the mAh of my power bank. So all good in the hood. Keep on vaping.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Got back this morning from an overnight trip to drop off in-laws at Swampy. Few hours wait. No problem vaping in the old smoking areas by the drop off road. But fairly covert, and no clouds.
    Mind you, half the occupants of the Chinese tour buses lit up as soon as they got off!

Siam Diesel likes this.